Secrets to Economics (1 Viewer)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
dam.. I have never got above a 14 in eco essays..

those things are HARD!!.. any ideas on how I can improve those 14s into 17+?

aditya

HSC
lol wow, tht is pretty good, could u upload the cssa trial onto bos pleaesE?

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
nice work coroneos, looks like there will be a bit of a showdown between us. PS, i didnt cheat, if ur upset u didnt score as highly as you would have liked to.....i cant help

zergcave

HSC
mushroom_head said:
omg...how do u guys manage to get 18/20 for ur essays?! it's always the essays which i screw up in
struture ur essays well.

take 5 mins to plan ur essay. write a bunch of points for your body.

this is much more efficient then simply writing straight from your head

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
wow. Finally, I agree with zergcave on something. Planning essays is VERY important. Very useful 5 minutes if you choose to do it.

jenyyy

know your basics back to front inside out upside down...it all about building it up from there (which is a nice way of saying booshitting your way through) :eek:

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
ah....right~
no wonder i never get high marks for my essays. i have NEVER planned my essays before even though the teacher keeps telling us that it is vital. now that even you guys say it's that important maybe i should try it in the hsc

Teoh

Reading time = look at essay questions and choose
First 5 minutes of writing time = Writing plans for both

When you do MC and Short Answer, you will get ideas from them, to put into your essay and then you ad them to your plan

zergcave

HSC
coroneos said:
lol.. :p

orite srsly economics is a bs subject.. they should triple the content to make it in line with the workload from other subjects.

There are no secrets to economics other than the fact that it is by far the easiest subject in the hsc :p..

enjoy studying ...
im bored.... but i just got my new laptop ahahah

economics is by no means, a bullshit subject. to succeed dude, you must show the real uptodate facts, and supported by well based examples. anything other than that, and ur ECONOMICS essay will be dragged down to nothing. In contrast to the king-of-bullshit subjects, ENglish - writing about texts, and quotes that dont actually exist, and in this case, bullcrapping abt the theories and figures behind the economics will NOT be beneficial..

now that said, i just realise i gotta finish my english essays due tomrow... arrrgh fk ... ive got a lot of bullshitting to do.... -_-;

arrgh yes! i may like to add that HISTORY, especially EXTENSION relies on the student to bullshit in as great a volume as possible (2ND biggest bullshit subject). typically they would be expected to churn out 1 page every 10 or 12 minutes in an exam.

Last edited:

Acid

HSC
Not sure if this has already been posted, but always back up theory with what's happening now. For example, if it asks for how an exchange rate can appreciate or depreciate, back it up with something like "The Australian dollar has recently appreciated against the US dollar due to...."

mack

Banned
HSC
A few tips that helped me immeasurably:

1. Up to date statistics.
2. Well structured and planned ahead of time.
3. Syllabus info cohesive and synthesised.
4. DO NOT regurgitate the textbook. Markers can spot this from a mile away and will usually award low marks.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
mack said:
A few tips that helped me immeasurably:

1. Up to date statistics.
2. Well structured and planned ahead of time.
3. Syllabus info cohesive and synthesised.
4. DO NOT regurgitate the textbook. Markers can spot this from a mile away and will usually award low marks.
"regurgitate the textbook":

You've got to use it as the basis for your theory though. I think you'd have to include some ideas from the textbook and build upon them to develop your own argument.

mack

Banned
HSC
Yes, but what I'm saying is dont just cough up the textbook the same way it is written. The idea is to use the info in the textbook as basis, then find some more indepth information on the syllabus points, then synthesise this information to produce a top band essay.

There's a big difference between what I just described and rote learning the textbook. Markers can easily separate the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)