secondary standards (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
ello ello does any1 out there noe how to explain to me what a secondary standard is? so far i gathered that its a solution to test the primary standard against but how do u calculate the Molarity of the priamry standard against this? my teacher isnt xactly mr.superdooperhumungouslygreat explainer if any one can help me please reply soon!! :D:D:D:D thank u!!!! luv me!!!! :spam:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
A secondary standard is a solution whose concentration is determined by titration against a primary standard.

If we titrate an acid such as hydrochloric acid against the primary standard sodium carbonate, we can calculate the exact concentration of the hydrochloric acid. This is then our secondary standard.

Understand?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by fashionista
ello ello does any1 out there noe how to explain to me what a secondary standard is? so far i gathered that its a solution to test the primary standard against but how do u calculate the Molarity of the priamry standard against this? my teacher isnt xactly mr.superdooperhumungouslygreat explainer if any one can help me please reply soon!! :D:D:D:D thank u!!!! luv me!!!! :spam:
hey you talk funny language. you're funny. i luv u!!!

i never understood why they use secondary standards, its a waste of time learning and making...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yes I agree, it is quite a waste.

They won't ask you to calculate it in the HSC, but because its a school thing, I guess they could chuck any stupid question.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
okay so u have a thing of orange juice u wanna test yeh? and then u wanna test it gainst ummmm NaOH so to find the xact molarityness of NaOH u titrate thaaat against sumthing else (potassium hydrogen phthalate)(y cant they jus name elements bob and fran??? soooooooooooo much easier...eeeesh!!)and thennn u put the NaOH of which u got tha exact molarity in tha buret and the orange juice underneath yeh? have i got it?? please say yesssssssssss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)