second thoughts on ucat (1 Viewer)

mandemindiguise

HSC
I'm sort of having second thoughts on actually doing the exam this year despite already buying a subscription for medify. Would it be wiser to just wait until next year? i have one month to book the exam but my family is kind of tight on money atm and i dont want to ask too much of them. I bought the subscription late January but have been rarely completing the practice questions - my fault on my part. What would be the cons of booking the exam next year instead? Would it make any difference? Like I know you will or wont receive an offer much earlier but other than that, would there be any other cons compared to completing the UCAT this year?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
do you have any savings you could use to book the exam?

there's no cons of booking it next year, it just means you'll be one year out of high school before starting med if you do make it in, which is rlly no big deal. I guess you'll just have to keep the medify subscription going, or get a new one for next year, idk how much medify costs but surely that's feasible. if you choose to sit it next year you could save some money up to cover these costs instead of asking your parents, if that's smth you're concerned about

also do your parents know you're applying for med? my parents aren't the richest but in yr 12 they still helped in making the investment even though it was a lot of money. so maybe talk to them if you haven't, to come up with smth that works for your family

if you choose to do the UCAT this year then you should be fine, it's still April, the exam is in like July or august right, if you put your head down now then you can easily rack up the practice you need to perform well so don't stress about your current lack of practice

basically either way you're fine but with the financial concerns and stuff that's a personal decision for you to make, whether you sit ucat this year or next wouldn't affect drastically your chances of getting into med imo

idkkdi

HSC
do you have any savings you could use to book the exam?

there's no cons of booking it next year, it just means you'll be one year out of high school before starting med if you do make it in, which is rlly no big deal. I guess you'll just have to keep the medify subscription going, or get a new one for next year, idk how much medify costs but surely that's feasible. if you choose to sit it next year you could save some money up to cover these costs instead of asking your parents, if that's smth you're concerned about

also do your parents know you're applying for med? my parents aren't the richest but in yr 12 they still helped in making the investment even though it was a lot of money. so maybe talk to them if you haven't, to come up with smth that works for your family

if you choose to do the UCAT this year then you should be fine, it's still April, the exam is in like July or august right, if you put your head down now then you can easily rack up the practice you need to perform well so don't stress about your current lack of practice

basically either way you're fine but with the financial concerns and stuff that's a personal decision for you to make, whether you sit ucat this year or next wouldn't affect drastically your chances of getting into med imo
isnt one yr of opportunity cost pretty big. could be the difference between applying twice with two ucats vs once. unless money is very tight doesnt seem very prudent unless u k ur going to flunk ucat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)