Second Round Help (1 Viewer)

Joeno

HSC
I was given the offer for B Software Engineering @ UNSW (uai required 88).

I'm content with that, but what i really want to get into is B Engineering (software) / B Commerce. This required a uai of 93 and I got a uai of 91.7.

There are still vacancies.

1) Do I have any hope of being accepted in the second round?

2) If I accept my current offer (so to guarantee that I will get into university), are there any special procedures to inform that I want a second round offer? (ie. can I just leave my preferences as is and hope that I can get into a slightly higher uai course?)

3) Is it a good idea to do B Business / B Engineering in UTS instead? Or should I just hope to transfer into Software / Commerce after my first year?

X

xeuyrawp

Joeno said:

I'm content with that, but what i really want to get into is B Engineering (software) / B Commerce. This required a uai of 93 and I got a uai of 91.7.

2) If I accept my current offer (so to guarantee that I will get into university), are there any special procedures to inform that I want a second round offer? (ie. can I just leave my preferences as is and hope that I can get into a slightly higher uai course?)

3) Is it a good idea to do B Business / B Engineering in UTS instead? Or should I just hope to transfer into Software / Commerce after my first year?
I'm not big on UAC procedures, so I'll just answer number 3.

I think that sticking with your original choice of uni is better than your original choice of course. Seeing as though your UAI was so close to the cut-off, if you have a pretty good average in your first year, transfer shouldn't be too difficult for you.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Joeno said:

I'll tackle number 2:

You are advised to accept your Main Round offer. You can then also submit a change of preferences for the Late and Final Rounds. You do not jeopardise your chances of recieving another offer by accepting your Main Round offer.

If you recieve an offer in one round and accept it, and then recieve an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

*keep your previous offer and not accept the new offer or;

*withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.

And thats it - if you like the order your preferences are in, then leave them and they'll be submitted as is.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
just one small question:

do i have to withdraw the original offer FIRST before i can accept the new offer?

also, what is the procedure with withdrawing offers from unis? is this different with all unis? do i have to read between the lines a bit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)