sdd scaling (1 Viewer)

flaminwaffle

HSC
i'm currently in year 10 and i chose sdd as a subject for year 11 + 12. I've heard mixed opinions as to how sdd scales. I do enjoy the course, but some people say it scales well, some say not so well... Can anybody clarify for me? Keep in mine im aiming for a uai of 98.5+

.blank

HSC
N/A
From what I've heard it scales down (i.e badly). But if you're doing accelerated, you can do a Distinction Course which scales really well.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
If you can achieve a mid to high band 6, it shouldn't be a disadvantage... although it does scale rather poorly. My Philosophy Distinction Course mark of around 90/100 counted to my UAI instead of my 95/100 for Software Design and Development. But still - it won't drag you down, if you can achieve mid band 6. If you enjoy it however, keep it! The more you enjoy it, the easier it should be! :)

NovaAesa

HSC
live.fast said:
If you can achieve a mid to high band 6, it shouldn't be a disadvantage... although it does scale rather poorly. My Philosophy Distinction Course mark of around 90/100 counted to my UAI instead of my 95/100 for Software Design and Development. But still - it won't drag you down, if you can achieve mid band 6. If you enjoy it however, keep it! The more you enjoy it, the easier it should be! :)
I got 95 in software design as well and it was the subject that contributed most to my UAI (according to SAM).

lol

glimmerless

HSC
How come it scales so badly? It's not exactly an easy subject I reckon.

Hazaroth

HSC
Agreed. I actually thought it was scaled well, until recently.
I mean, I'm not bad at it, but it's not the most straight forward subject out there.

glimmerless

HSC
Hazaroth said:
Agreed. I actually thought it was scaled well, until recently.
I mean, I'm not bad at it, but it's not the most straight forward subject out there.
Wait im lost. So it used to scaled, but now it's not? So it is capped?

HSC
It scales fine, quit your worrying....

I did shit all crap, and got 95.35, all because I got band 6s in SDD and IPT. English sucked worse (plus I did standard), maths was so-so.

Is it possible to get 100 with SDD? Hell yes. SDD will never hold down your UAI, only your abilities in English and other subjects.

tl;dr - You're investigating the wrong thing, if you're wondering how to get an uber-high UAI.

glimmerless

HSC
I'm just curious. I'm doing the HSC for it regardless of it being capped or not.

fjnpenguin

HSC
i have decided not to drop sdd in yr 12 i don't really care if it scales me down as long as i do my best. that's all that matters right?

HSC
Yes, except it doesn't scale down. I got good marks in SDD and IPT exclusively (94 both), and that alone pushed my UAI up to 95.35, since my other subjects were crap.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jazzbaby said:
does ipt scale better than software?
Nope. SDD scales much better than IPT.

Source: 2007 & 2006 scaling reports.

Takuto

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Yes, except it doesn't scale down. I got good marks in SDD and IPT exclusively (94 both), and that alone pushed my UAI up to 95.35, since my other subjects were crap.
wow, nice uai. what did you get for your other subjects?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)