SDD, is it now a highly scaled subject? (1 Viewer)

ennny

HSC
I think SDD is now a very highly scale subject, is this true? i heard it used to be scaled down

HSC
Im pretty sure it's not a very high scaling subject, not alongside 3/4 unit Maths or anything. All i know is that its got decent scaling, probably somewhere around Legal and Modern History?

Scales better than IPT though

tau281290

HSC
It actually scales below average along with visual arts, society and culture and senior science.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
Yeah, I know....which sucks! Cause this subject is freaking hard! lol
I thought that hard subjects would scale up....this subject is FAIRLY difficult.

syworld

HSC
Haha I know! SDD gets quite hard XD I hope it does scale decent though....

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Does it really have a shit scaling? I've always thought it was better than IPT and IT

Fat Fung

HSC
compare to IPT and IT, it might have a better scaling
but overall its one of the lower scaling subject...

and it's extremely hard...
if u are not considering in the IT field (esp. if u want to do computer science which deals with code, algorithms etc.) SDD is not a good choice...

i chose bcoz most of my friend did it and said it was easy....but it got so much harder and harder ( i struggle so much when i was doing my major, my friends almost did the whole project for me...=.=")

so yeah....if i could choose again....i'd rather do art and or DT

jono177

HSC
25.6? (2003 scale means list)
well 25 is consider average so SDD is average...
so if your two units count that's a scaled mean of 51.2? so a pass is the average mark? (this doesnt seem right)
it's hard and scales badly? lol?? does that mean theres like 45% idiots doing the subject and the other 45% are software pros? and the other 10% are the in-between'ers who get dragged down/up who ever they are closest to?(well the main idea of it?)

Last edited:

BoyNextDoor

HSC
syworld said:
Haha I know! SDD gets quite hard XD I hope it does scale decent though....
Yup, its true. But I think it does scale better than IPT.
And the fact that we can't use our calculators in the HSC as well. lol

rRampant

HSC
Software Design is one of the average to low scaling subjects, it is scaled lower than the rest of my subjects (eng adv, chem, phys, ext math, math 2unit) but it isnt that hard.

I dont know where your getting the "I'ts a hard course" stuff from. I was told there was pretty much a prerequisite for the course of having done computer studies in yr 9 and 10. I didnt do it, and i have a somewhat incompetent teacher but i still manage to flogg out scores of 90-100%. Is it that you perceive it to be hard or is it just that im a bit blind?

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
I don't know. I can never seem to get anything above 53% for this subject......until my teacher gets the mark and scales it up! lol
And I'm coming first for this subject. lol

whitey9999

HSC
N/A
The subjects are scaled basically relative to the other subjects and where the difficulty would place between the subjects and the exams. At school (i dont know if they do it for the state) they need a average mark between 50 and 65 so i think they may be scaled on that basis. Since the business exam was apparently counted as a hard exam this year, then they will have to make the SDD test hard to make it scale higher.

Its all relative on the candidature of this and the other subjects

sycho936

HSC
Last year SDD was considered the second most difficult subject, only coming under 4 unit maths, it was scaled high....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)