SDA Union (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Do you know when we get the memberships for 07/08 (and hence the vouchers)?

I don't think it's worth it to remain part of SDA... I don't value my job that much.

xoa

HSC
My SDA shop steward pressured me to work 15 unpaid minutes every shift, cleaning up equipment.

It's a shit union, which seems overly cosy with employer groups. Definitely not worth the union dues, although they'll probably intimidate you (calling you a "freeloader") if you withdraw.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
I got it today.

I was gonna quit a while ago, but i've been too lazy. The fee hasn't bothered me enough I guess.

G

Gavvvvvin

The only reason I joined was to get discounted movie tickets. I thought it would be a matter of simply flashing your card to get a discount but nooooooooooooo, you have to send away in the post to get your tickets seriously wtf :mad1:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Peer pressure/gullibility.

I'll get a few more tickets then quit.
Yeah when you have your induction the union person gives you a good stare when you're the only person in the room not filling out the membership form :D

HSC
uhm, speaking of which, i was one of those said gullible people who gave in to peer pressure and joined the union :eek:. i don't think its worth it seeing as though i'm a casual and if i get fired it was probably because i deserved it rather than some unfair dismissal shit. i'd rather them not stealing $5 or so every week so uhm, how do i quit the union?

dodgyfilokid

HSC
umm i think u gotta speak to work payroll and tell them that you want to stop payin union fees and be out of the union....wot i know is they give u forms to fill out and probably by the next pay cycle they would have stopped deducting union fees from your pay......

on a diff note...at my work...round 98% are in the union..the 2% who arent are mainly casuals or some part-timers that cant be buggered at all....so far we havent had any bad experiences... altho i must say that they have jacked up their fees since last year!!!! greedy bastards but as long as im not goin to cop more out of my pay im happy....fees come in handy in tax time :D

beentherdunthat

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Do you know when we get the memberships for 07/08 (and hence the vouchers)?

I don't think it's worth it to remain part of SDA... I don't value my job that much.
I got mine yesterday. There's no more aportos ones!!! ******!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)