Scriptwriting, anyone? (1 Viewer)

bonniejjj

HSC
Why is the scriptwriting part of this forum so dead? Does anyone do scriptwriting....anyone....(*echoes*)
If any scriptwriters are alive out there (actually you've probably totally completed your individuals or else are not wasting time on this forum but yeh...) how is your script? Mine is finished, and has been for quite a while, but I would like to make it better before final drama marking... Oh and I still need to workshop and time it with some people (prob yr 10 drama students...) to be absolutely certain of the time.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
*Peers into the thread* Yeah, i'll post something on this thread!

Yeah, i'm doing scriptwriting..though it was due for the school mark today...just i've only just finished act one!!! So unfair!

I evny you, all ready finished! The problem is that i hit so many writer's block!...gggrrr!!!!!:D

anchor

HSC
Actually I'm quite concerned at the moment. I'd ask why script writing seems to be such an unpopular choice, but I've figured that out the hard way. Unfortunately being the only one doing script writing at my school (all others are, you guessed it, performance) I have little to compare my progress with.

I have a first draft completed, but a lot of work to do. I get the feeling I'm the only one quite this behind. Egads!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
My final draft is complete and I'm really satisfied with it. Instead of going for time limit, I chose to have it sit within the 15 - 25 pages page limit, makes things a helluva lot easier.

I love my script and actually miss working on it. The play was so much fun and the characters were really awesome to write things around, it was very, very fun.

The scriptwriting forum was never alive...I dunno, not many come to this part of the woods.

On-The_Vrge

HSC
I rather enjoy writing narratives n stuff so the transition wasn't that bad. I am also the only person in my class to choose this as their IP but lukily 2 ppl from last yrs class did it and gave me some helpful hints like....don't leave it to the last minute. Any way if any1 wants to read mine HERE IT IS!!!

madz:)

pretty much finished... just doing the rationale and final editing.... I'm one of two in my class too and nobody has done it in any of the previous years. I figure it's because i've s pent about 10 times as long on it then the rest have spent on their performances.... is everybody doing an absurd script, i was warned against it because everyone does it but mine had a mind of its own and ended up absurd anyway....

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Mine has elements of absurd theatre, but I'd probably say mine is more post-modern than anything. It's almost a parody of absurdism.

I don't like it when people pigeon hole my writing, but It'll probably be seen as absurd. Meh...I don't really care in any case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)