script?? (1 Viewer)

Trixie Bird

How far into your script are you? Did the TV thing work out?

Has anyone read 'Dining In' yet? It was an exemplar (and happens to be an absurdist script). What did everyone think?

How many words should a script be? I find the time limit/page limit thing to be quite ambiguous

dazman

think lotsa ppl do absurdist cause in alotta ways its not as messy, like u can introduce characters, lines even that dont make any sense and u dont have to provide a reasonable motive behind it.
im doin script and have got aburdist and realist kind of intertwined. was wonderin how far ppl were in there scripts. have alot of ppl finished? i have 5 pages left of the 25 and was wonderin if i was ahead, behind or what? is everyone happy with there peices so far? the other thing was i was wonderin if u guys could tell me bout ur rationales... havent done mine yet...

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
my drama teacher - who's marked scriptwriting before - told me that about 60% of the scripts they get are absurdist ones. and most are TERRIBLE. just cheap ripoffs of waiting for godot. better to do a realist script with about three or four really well-developed characters. i was doing scriptwriting but even tho my idea was brilliant, all the dialogue i came up with was so incredibly shit. then i did shakespeare festival and the adjudicator told me i was fantastic (blush and simper) so i decided to do performance...and i'm doing tony kushner's Angels in America. which segues beautifully into my message to astroboi: if you haven't found anything yet, or even if you have, angels has some FANTASTICALLY written gay characters. the best is called prior walter, an ex-queen with aids who gets visitations from an angel who tells him he's a prophet. he's very smart, still a bit of a screamer, but the script is just fantastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)