Screwed up my trials! (1 Viewer)

necessarahli

HSC
Hey guys,
So I know there are probably heaps of other older posts like this but I finished my trial block a few days ago and the more I've mulled over my exams the more I've realised I've stuffed up big time. My ranks certainly will have dropped in all my subjects, and I'm feeling really annoyed at myself!

So...anyone have any consoling words of comfort to help me out? I know I've pretty much screwed myself over but I can't stop thinking about the stupid mistakes I made and it's giving me like..non-stop anxiety. haha

Drsoccerball

HSC
Hey guys,
So I know there are probably heaps of other older posts like this but I finished my trial block a few days ago and the more I've mulled over my exams the more I've realised I've stuffed up big time. My ranks certainly will have dropped in all my subjects, and I'm feeling really annoyed at myself!

So...anyone have any consoling words of comfort to help me out? I know I've pretty much screwed myself over but I can't stop thinking about the stupid mistakes I made and it's giving me like..non-stop anxiety. haha
If everyone gets good in the hsc it doesnt matter

buriza

conviction
HSC
Hey guys,

Yes, you're right, there are a lot of other posts here like this - so for starters you're not alone. Firstly it's not really wise for you to make assumptions on how much your ranks have dropped or how much you screwed up in your trials because the fact is you can't really defintively know. I had quite the ridiculous experience myself after trials where I thought I did utterly terribly and then received my report and realised I shouldn't have felt like that.

Now this is not to say your experience will necessarily end up all lollipops and rainbows and sunshine. But even if it doesn't, it still doesn't really make stressing over what's already happened any more rational. Counterfactual thinking (in other words thinking about things that have already happened and commonly thinking of ways you could've done better) is ultimately redundant. All you can really change is what comes to you at the present, and in this case, it'll be the HSC exams.

Simply said, realise that the HSC exams are an opportunity to greatly improve your ATAR prospects. Don't mull over too much about what's already happened, because you need to ask yourself, what even is the point of doing that anyway? To give you that non-stop anxiety you've talked about? Doesn't sound so great to me. What's done is done, but there's still time to improve, and it's only pretty much up to you.

Studyinghardforhsc

HSC
My trials are starting next week and I honestly haven't even looked at my books. I have 0 motivation and I just don't wanna doooo anythiiiing someone say something.. Lol

Thunderstorm

HSC
My trials are starting next week and I honestly haven't even looked at my books. I have 0 motivation and I just don't wanna doooo anythiiiing someone say something.. Lol
Contrary to popular belief, no one has a magic wand that puts 10+ units of content into your head overnight. The way I see it, you have two choices:
1. Continue on your current trajectory ultimately leading to a life filled with dissatisfaction and 'what ifs'.
2. Realise the past cannot be changed and try your best in every moment in each day to work towards your goals from this moment forward.

The choice is yours really, no one can do it for you, get moving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)