Screwed trials.. Still decent atar? (1 Viewer)

dannielle_93

HSC
I have a really bad feeling about my trial marks, however i'm not sure how the rest of my school went. I was 4/80 in adv eng, 3/30 pdhpe, 15/48 biology, 4/20 business studies, 19/82 sor1 and 1/20 cafs. If my rank drops down will that stop me from getting an atar over 85? or if i smash the HSC will i be able to get a high atar.

michaeljennings

HSC
The hsc exams provide half of your overall HSC mark so just aim to do your best at them. What is your school rank btw

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
So in the externals? Do you get your external ranked mark or your own external mark?

Dylanamali

HSC
So in the externals? Do you get your external ranked mark or your own external mark?
Every student receives their own external mark, the only mark that is moderated in the internal assessment mark.

tambam

HSC
Dude there are like a million identical threads asking the exact same question.
Anyway,the first thing you should do is ask around and see if everyone else found it hard, because its not your raw mark that matters, its your rank. So if everryone else ffound it hard chances are your rank won't slip that much.

And yeah, as everyone else said, you still have 50% of your atar to go, so just work hard and make up for a poor internal mark.

Also can someone please tell me what on earth cafs is.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I swear people on this site stress way too much over little things.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
hahahahaha i know eh but to be fair its probably their future on the line!
but dude, relax, there are so many other pathways that can be chosen to your desired career (gap year, TAFE, private college, chose alternate uni course and transfer later, Insearch). Its not like If you get 48 / 100 for a subject your life will end and you won't be let into heaven. Just chill honestly. At the end of the day if you tried your best, THEN YOU TRIED YOUR BEST and NO other factors would of changed that.

Making a thread about losing one or two ranks is not going to help anyone. All you have to know is do your best and be done with it. Students before 2002 did that and they survived, THEY didn't have these dam forum sites to ask questions. Sometimes I think this technology age makes people seem like they are less intelligent.

michaeljennings

HSC
but dude, relax, there are so many other pathways that can be chosen to your desired career (gap year, TAFE, private college, chose alternate uni course and transfer later, Insearch). Its not like If you get 48 / 100 for a subject your life will end and you won't be let into heaven. Just chill honestly. At the end of the day if you tried your best, THEN YOU TRIED YOUR BEST and NO other factors would of changed that.

Making a thread about losing one or two ranks is not going to help anyone. All you have to know is do your best and be done with it. Students before 2002 did that and they survived, THEY didn't have these dam forum sites to ask questions. Sometimes I think this technology age makes people seem like they are less intelligent.
Yeahhh i know what you mean lol I agree making a thread about losing one or two ranks is pretty silly cos that will hardly make a difference to your ATAR in the end

michaeljennings

HSC
depends how your school goes in the hsc because they have to moderate your internal mark. I rkn you will get 80-85

michaeljennings

HSC
Low scaling subjects make me cry.
Me too. People shouldnt pick them cos they are easy lol i rkn its harder to get a better mark at them because most of them are heavily content based. And no subject is impossible if you put in hard work/enjoy the subject youre gonna get a heaps good mark in the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)