screwed myself over for maths (1 Viewer)

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
sooo i screwed myself over for hsc maths and i dont think i'll make it in time to revise all content by exam day. now considering my options, since i have 11 units, is it a bad idea for me to give up on maths ext 1 and flunk it, and just focus on adv? or should i still try my hardest to study for both?? maths ext 1 is my worst subject and im pretty sure it wont count towards my atar but im scared therell be some scaling thing and itll end up counting ahhh. any and all advice appreciated thank you TT

uniqueusername1

HSC
sooo i screwed myself over for hsc maths and i dont think i'll make it in time to revise all content by exam day. now considering my options, since i have 11 units, is it a bad idea for me to give up on maths ext 1 and flunk it, and just focus on adv? or should i still try my hardest to study for both?? maths ext 1 is my worst subject and im pretty sure it wont count towards my atar but im scared therell be some scaling thing and itll end up counting ahhh. any and all advice appreciated thank you TT
focus on advanced sweat advanced

akhan324

HSC
hey if u do an ext subject is that always counted? i do ext 1 and 11 units so ext 1 always the one that will be counted towards my atar

5uckerberg

HSC
In response to that please do not say you are screwed over for a subject it feels like giving up. Find ways to make learning the Extension I content fun. It is a common way to destroy the stress for the subject because when you are having fun stress does not come to you that easily. Next hoard past papers and given you have 9 days do past paper Qs for Mathematics Extension I work on them as if people were hoarding toilet papers.

Hint: Try to think of everyday analogies attributed from events for every topic covered and I guarantee you that you're gonna enjoy it and as such you want more of it.

5uckerberg

HSC
On another note your Mathematics Advanced topics transition beautifully into Mathematics Extension I so think of next Monday's test as a warm-up for the mountain of a challenge because you really need it.

mikrokosmos

HSC
try your hardest love! thats all u can really do at this point

focus on adv 100% but do a bit of ext1

Reactions: 8=D

icycledough

HSC
your best 10 units gets counted. so if ext 1 is your best subject, it will get counted as well as half of your worst subject to make up 10 units. for example if biology is ur worst subject, then half of your biology marks will be counted as well as all your ext 1 marks. I THINK do not come for me if im wrong
I believe that's right. I also did 11 units last year, and the 1 unit subject I did was one of my best. It was one of my 2 unit subjects which wasn't counted, so I believe they took half from that subject and the other half from the 1 unit subject, to get 10 units assessed in total.

Reactions: 8=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)