Scooters (1 Viewer)

Guernica

HSC
OK so the deal is.. I am shit scared of driving a car. It's way too big and too much responsibility to drive it and I can't do it. At the moment, I'm relying on my parents and friends to drive me everywhere but I know that when I move for uni, I'm going to have to get around independently somehow.

I think I will be going to Albury and I'm presuming the public transport won't be capital city standard, so I don't want to rely on it alone.

So.. I was thinking I could get my motorbike licence and get a scooter/vespa?

Does anyone have one? I understand the disadvantages with like, rain and all that. But in those instances, I would use buses or whatever. I just don't want to have to use the bus all the time.

Also.. can someone explain to me the security systems of a scooter/motorbike?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
lol a vespa......well lol
ahahahahhahaah

they are the gayest things ever.

a car is 10X safer than those things. any motorbike for that instance

blackkatz

HSC
A vespa, now that's something...

Not to humiliate or making fun of or anything...

Seriously, get acar...and practice doing your responsiblilities.
If you can't keep your responsibilities of taking care of your car AND your driving, how can you be responsible for other BIGGER matters?

But a sportbike...now that's an idea :) .....
Plus, i'm not allowed to go near a motorbike, so sorry couldn't help much for your question here...

Guernica

HSC
Well like.. i just cant drive. I don't have that part of the brain. I had a few bad experiences and now I am just shit scared.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If you're scared to drive a car you should be scared to ride a scooter. They afford no protection and are inherantly unstable.

May I suggest a bicycle?

Guernica

HSC
Fine.. I'll walk. Hopefully I can get a place near the uni.

Guernica

HSC
I probably will but just not right now. If I'm shit scared of it, there's no point forcing myself. And noone will teach me. And I'm too poor for lessons.

Pace_T

HSC
if a large car is a problem, why dont u just drive a tiny car :p

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Guernica said:
OK so the deal is.. I am shit scared of driving a car. It's way too big and too much responsibility to drive it and I can't do it. At the moment, I'm relying on my parents and friends to drive me everywhere but I know that when I move for uni, I'm going to have to get around independently somehow.

I think I will be going to Albury and I'm presuming the public transport won't be capital city standard, so I don't want to rely on it alone.

So.. I was thinking I could get my motorbike licence and get a scooter/vespa?

Does anyone have one? I understand the disadvantages with like, rain and all that. But in those instances, I would use buses or whatever. I just don't want to have to use the bus all the time.

Also.. can someone explain to me the security systems of a scooter/motorbike?
Security is lax of a motorbike/schooter whatever compared to every other vehicle, but then again if you're going to Albury it shouldn't be a problem though i'd checkout the terrain there... you don't have the protectin of a metal shell you see, and you'd be completely buggered if anything, even a small car slammed into you.

I think that a motorbike is definately better than a scooter. I love them. They're rather sexy. That is the road ones. I've ridden dirt ones (SO MUCH FUN!).
My mate's on his learners and he thinks it's great, he's similar to you except he just couldnt be bothered doing the test again after failing his car Ps. Lol.

All you have to do is the course for a few days (i think.. correct me if i'm wrong) for your L's, you ride alone and adhere to the standard procedures of an Learner.

I found to improve my confidence with driving in the beginning getting a nice instructor helped if you ever want to learn to drive :)

Whatever you choose though, treat every road user as if they're the enemy on the road and be careful :)

Guernica

HSC
Thank you for your help, llama!

Yeah I understand they're pretty damn unsafe. Hmmm.. what to do..

blackkatz

HSC
You did say you have had bad experiences with cars.
Why dont you tell it here, hopefully we can help you get over that experience and rebuild your confidence. Just a suggestion though.

And speaking of confidence...get a TRUCK.
No, not those road hoggingSUVs, but a BIG TRUCK.
Yes, im just joking. But really, you dont fear getting hit when you're in a really-big TRUCK :) 'Sides, who want to jack a truck?

Again, its just a suggestion........and a crappy one, but hey.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)