SCIF1101. Fundamental- all 1st years (1 Viewer)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
I just logged inot MYUNSW and noticed an announcement saying that there is a new course called SCIF1101. its a fundamentals science course. It is 6 uoc, it can only be taken in teh the 1st year and also it says that it is a course that all students should need. So what does everyone think?
If i do take this up I will be dropping phys and be picking this up(so swaping them).

I will have to organise my timetable again.
So??? hmm?? i'm a bit excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet........

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Ok, I've went and looked at the class utlisation thing, and seen what would happen if i dropped physics and picked up SCIF1101.

Ok, old timetable first.
Mon 9-3 (No gap)
Tues 9-12 (No gap)
Wed 9-1 (Gap 10-11)
Thu 9-5 (Gap 1-2)
Fri 11-3 (No gap)

Now the new timetable with SCIF1101 instead of physics
Mon 9-3(No gap)
Tues 9-6 (Gap 12-5)
Wed 9-1 (Gap 10-12)
Thu 9-5 (Gap 1-2)
Fri 11-4 (Gap 1-2)

So Mondays and thursdays are the same. But with tuesday I have 5 hours of gap compared to 0. On wednesday I have 2 hours instead of 3 in a 4 hour period. and on friday I finish an hour later with the same number of hours in the day.

That tuesday is really worrying me.

But I have an idea. I don't know how it will work.
With the BABS lab which is on thursday from 2-5 I could change it to tuesday 2-5, but both classes are full.
Ok how does this idea sound, start the year with the crap timetabl;e of the 5 horus gap and then a few weeks in wait for a vacancy to arise and move my 2-5 thursday to 2-5 tuesday.

So that would then send my situation from moving from 2 hours gap to 9 hours gap, now to 2 hours gap to 5 hours.

How would that work with the people dropping out and switching??? I've never thought of it before. Help needed desperately, stressing out again..........

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
At the advisory day Prof Whitaker (however it's spelt) told us that it's run in S2 and compulary for all students but won't take any time out from your degree because it is run instead of MATH1000, CHEM1000 etc and the gen ed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)