Scientia Courses (1 Viewer)

dreamer7

HSC
I am enrolled in the January UNSW Scientia Course in Cosmology, and am wondering if anyone here is also enrolled, not necessarily in the same course. If you are, reply to this thread stating what you are doing :)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Hey,
Congrats dreamer!:D I heard these courses are for the most talented and gifted students. Or do you get to enroll yourself? But anyhoo, what's cosmology actually about? It sounds interesting^^

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
dreamer7 said:
I am enrolled in the January UNSW Scientia Course in Cosmology, and am wondering if anyone here is also enrolled, not necessarily in the same course. If you are, reply to this thread stating what you are doing :)
I did u course like that at UTS last year, it was a 3 day course, we did lots of experiments, got lots of hands on experience in nanotechnology, engineering, forensics, maths, traditional med, etc. We put samples of marijuana under the electron microscope at x500,000 mag, some boring lectures etc.

dreamer7

HSC
Not really. You can just apply yourself - select the courses you would be interested in doing. The only age group that have to supply documentation like being in the top 5% of the state are year 4-7, I think. It was really fun. I would recommend it to anyone, not just 'gifted' students. If you want to learn about something, then apply.
SoulSearcher said:
ahh i see now what it is about dreamer

btw congratulations getting into that course

damn you must be extremely talented/gifted to get into that course

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
They hold a similar thing at UOW each year (and maybe at other Universities) called the Seimens Science Challenge. It's just a way of giving high school students a taste of what to expect of a science degree at a university level (and to obtain money from future degree enrolments). I never went to it back in Year 10 (or whenever it was), but a friend of mine did and seemed to enjoy it. Obviously this would be too late now as the programme I'm talking about is held in January.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)