Science (1 Viewer)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
In the 1st year of BSc and BMedsc, do these courses study the exactly same subjects?

Also, in the second year of BSc or BMedSc, do we choose 6 majors or we studied all the majors? Can anyone plz provide a program or schedule how these courses are studied during those years?

Thanx.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
For science, you can pick any subjects from the faculty of science. However, depends on what you want to major, you have to pick specific subjects. say for example you want to major in microbiology, you must pick biology, as it serve as a pre-requisites for Microbiology subject in year two.

For Medical science
Program Structure

Year 1
BIOS1101 Evolutionary & Functional Bio (6 UOC)
BIOS1201 Molecules, Cells and Genes (6 UOC)
AND one of:
CHEM1011 Fundamentals of Chem 1A (6 UOC)
CHEM1031 Higher Chemistry 1C (6 UOC)
AND one of:
CHEM1021 Fundamentals of Chem 1B (6 UOC)
CHEM1041 Higher Chemistry 1D (6 UOC)
Plus
BSSM1110 Perspectives in Med Science 1 (3 UOC)
PLUS 6 units of credit from:
MATH1031 Mathematics for Life Sciences (6 UOC)
MATH1041 Stats for Life & Soc Sciences (6 UOC)
MATH1131 Mathematics 1A (6 UOC)
MATH1141 Higher Mathematics 1A (6 UOC)
Plus
One General Education course totalling 3 units of credit.
Elective courses totalling 12 units of credit offered by the following Schools: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, History and Philosophy of Science, Psychology

You cannot pick BSSM1110 as it is unique to medical science, for other subjects, you can follow the medical science plan

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Hmm.. i'm kind of vague. I just want to know if i could transfer from BSc to medical science in the second year with a credit average at UNSW?

In Usyd.. students who perform well in the first year of the BSc may apply to transfer into the specially course BMedSc (second year), provided the appropriate first year subjects have been completed.

"Appropriate first year subjects have been completed." In this case, i have to study maths, chem, biology and other 2 unit of science to meet the requirements to study medsci? Please help in advance.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
yes, i think credit average and a good UAI will get you into second year medsc from science, provided you have completed bio, chem, 1 maths, and 2 science. And you make up 'Perspective in Medical science" in year 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)