science sucks at uni (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Theres nothing wrong with 3hr labs, you will soon find that they will fly and you will love them.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No one said uni was going to be a breeze and easy. 3 hours labs aren't that bad. You get used to them after a while and then 3 hours doesn't seem long at all :)

LazyBoy

HSC
well i did two units while i was doing my HSC from ACU and it was fairly easy. i got an credit in both and thats without studying all that much for it :p

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
i have a couple of 4 hour labs :p

but they're for graphics, not science *shudders*... i could imagine that a 3hr science lab would be rather tedious..

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
science labs at UTS suck shit.
In there they give u shit explainations, group presentations and nothing is compulsory for the individual. People, shy ones have less of a go with the practical stuff. Basically, in ur group of frnz / lab group, if u dont take a leading role or get involved, ur wasting time and money.

Science:
Physics labs are the worst - terrible equipment
Chem/Bio subjects - Messy, lots of copying work, very much group based.

In general, if u dont have frnz or u dont make any in the LABS, ur done for. Ud be in for the most boring session of ur entire life

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ok im afraid to go to my lab pracs at building 4 now :( lol

can you leave if your group/or individually uve done the work b4 the 3hrs? or is that unlikely to happen

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
im actually looking forward to some brain food. my brain has become a ball of goo over the holidays.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
chookyn said:
i have a couple of 4 hour labs
I have a 4 hour introduction to earth sciences lab on tuesday :( i'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, i've only ever done 3 hour labs and 4 seems a little too long.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i just added all the hrs ill have to attend- 25 hours per week 5 days a week just for a Bsci at uts. fucking bshit when ppl keep telling me they only have 12 hrs or 14 or so...

oh 26hrs if i attend the optional tute group- fuck that

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
well i finished my hsc at a tafe so it was kind of different

and im saying in comparison to most other uni students its shitty for a broad degree

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i was planning on getting a job, but it limits the amount of time i will have to do work, study and relax

thats why im worried

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Cape said:
I have a 4 hour introduction to earth sciences lab on tuesday :( i'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, i've only ever done 3 hour labs and 4 seems a little too long.
yeah it does ay. :( if it runs over a lunch break it's good, 'coz usually they'll give you 1/2 hr or so break. if not, i just tend to leave early towards the end of the session. it's ok if you don't make a habit of it. i did that a couple times last year, but generally only after i'd finished the work for that session. if i wanted more time i just went overtime (sometimes up to 2-3 hrs after the lab had ended)

one particular occasion, lab started at 8am, finished at 12. i arrived at 9:30ish, left about 11-11:30 :D. This was a graphic design lab though. the focus at the time was individual work and the lecturers were flexible, people were coming and going all the time, so meh :p. as long as the work gets done, and done well. science labs might not be as flexible though..

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Mine starts at 2pm - so its kinda right after lunch, which is good. Maybe we get a break for afternoon tea :D But i think it will be fine, once I get back into the whole uni routine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)