• Happy 20 YEARS to us!

Science SC Test (1 Viewer)

nismo

New Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
4
how did everyone find it?
i thought it was quite easy
 

Stan..

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
278
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Jeez, i am normally bad at science. But that exam contradicted my theory.
 

gloworm

bleh
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
10
Location
Lidcombe
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Was quite simple in my opinion. The biotechnology and natural selection questions were my best:D
 

[trent]

Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
168
Location
Newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Yeh, good for me too...the only prob i had was with those stupid box things and the question about plate tectonics
 
T

trigga

Guest
Yeah i didn't go that well, the mc took a while and the 2nd part with the boxs was a killer :(
 

indn_boi

New Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
15
Location
Blacktown
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
sc

I recon i nailed science... but english tht i had sum trouble but i think i'll get ... band 4/5
 

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
206
Location
Sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, I went in thinking I'd probably fail but now I'm pretty confident that I'll do alright:)
 

ton3z

New Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
12
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
sum sc stuff

hey boys ahah i did the sc today..and then i read this shit..then i signed up to bos ahha cause i couldnt really b boddered b4 i juss read pplz ideas..newaiz..haha u know in science there was that ghey question about the fossils? like which where is it best for a fossil to develop ..and there was i think
a)lava
b)exposed beach
c)muddy river mouth
d)base of cliff
haha which was the answer? cause it was a toss up between c) and d) hehe would ne1 have ne idea?

and also that first question of the fill in the boxes things..which thingo in an experiment do u rite the observations and something..watchu guys get for that?

hehe thanx heeps
 

doublebarrelman

New Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
3
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
sci wasn't hard.. easier than past papers i did..
yea ton3z same thing.. i put c) muddy river mouth and the short answer one i put the 'results' section.. not sure.. wot did you other yr10's put??
 

superglove_sam

New Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
12
Location
x
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
fossil fuel conditions:
1. heat and 2. pressure

Muddy river mouths = COOL PLACE

so its actually where lava is (Get it, new rocks are taken out of the volcano and then eventually sit over the old rocks/fossils)

short answer a's were something like...

1. Results
2. Convection

some other answers were 34g, Chromosome, can't remember rest but I know the last one was 7.

i lost 1 mark cause i read the graph wrong i did it all the way up the top.

for that hydro electricity plant/coal burning i put 1. no cfcs 2. no radiation to plants 3. no radiation to animals 4. renewable resource 5. doesnt harm ozone layer as a rig

last page: the substance (Q) was a metal.
you can harm urself by either breathing in fumes or getting hit by a bubble
safety prec's = goggles or gas mask

observations for the experiement: metal was being eaten away, change of colour, gas being emitted

i can't think of anything else i just need to get reminded of them


oh yeah -
sulfuric acid + calcium hydroxide ----> X + water

X had to be a salt, so it was calcium sulfate

and the next answer - it was neutralisation!
 

Pianpupodoel

Neurotic Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
73
Location
3. The answer's always 3.
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
hey about that fossil fuel /hydro electricity thing. i read the question over and over again, and apparently it did not force you to write about one of the two electircity generation methods listed above.

so i did it on solar energy...hope i didnt get f**ked over.

btw, it was CONVECTION currents.
 

adgala

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
111
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
the science test wasn't too hard..the multiple choice and short answers were simply too short though! i spent around 15 minutes all up on the 2 :)
 

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
1,240
Location
47 |)35|< !!!
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
superglove_sam said:
fossil fuel conditions:
1. heat and 2. pressure

Muddy river mouths = COOL PLACE

so its actually where lava is (Get it, new rocks are taken out of the volcano and then eventually sit over the old rocks/fossils)

short answer a's were something like...

1. Results
2. Convection

some other answers were 34g, Chromosome, can't remember rest but I know the last one was 7.

i lost 1 mark cause i read the graph wrong i did it all the way up the top.

for that hydro electricity plant/coal burning i put 1. no cfcs 2. no radiation to plants 3. no radiation to animals 4. renewable resource 5. doesnt harm ozone layer as a rig

last page: the substance (Q) was a metal.
you can harm urself by either breathing in fumes or getting hit by a bubble
safety prec's = goggles or gas mask

observations for the experiement: metal was being eaten away, change of colour, gas being emitted

i can't think of anything else i just need to get reminded of them


oh yeah -
sulfuric acid + calcium hydroxide ----> X + water

X had to be a salt, so it was calcium sulfate

and the next answer - it was neutralisation!
yay, i also put lava !!!

hehe, ur answeres are the same as mine!!
WOOoooo..

it was an easy test :)

btw, for the sex question... the urethra is only a "reproductive" organ in males... So in the table, i said that the urethra is only for males... am i right?
 

gloworm

bleh
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
10
Location
Lidcombe
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
I rememebr I also got lava for the Fossil development question, but I'm not too sure if that's the correct answer. Also remember that I also put convection after plate tectonics wouldn'e fit in the boxes.

Wrote something about lost of biodiversity and the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere in the power plant question.

For the Biotechnology question, I wrote on the social and ethical concerns of using G.M foods, as well as some of the benefits it brings.e.g Insect Resistant crops

Can't really remember anyhting else...Quite tired
 

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
1,240
Location
47 |)35|< !!!
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
adgala said:
the science test wasn't too hard..the multiple choice and short answers were simply too short though! i spent around 15 minutes all up on the 2 :)
wtf, it took me the whole 1.5 hours to finish it, well, maybe cause i was sneezing all through the test... i think i got some allergy from something in the exam room.... GRR, i even missed on a question cause i didnt have time... grrrrr

bah, i did well overall
 

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
1,240
Location
47 |)35|< !!!
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
gloworm said:
I rememebr I also got lava for the Fossil development question, but I'm not too sure if that's the correct answer. Also remember that I also put convection after plate tectonics wouldn'e fit in the boxes.

Wrote something about lost of biodiversity and the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere in the power plant question.

For the Biotechnology question, I wrote on the social and ethical concerns of using G.M foods, as well as some of the benefits it brings.e.g Insect Resistant crops

Can't really remember anyhting else...Quite tired
yeah, convection is right. It automatically jumped in my head ;)
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top