?? Science - Psychology vs. Medical Science vs. Education ?? (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
Well, it depends what you really have an interest in. If you like science and education, you can do B science/B education. That'll enable you to do psychology as well. If you do B Science, you can do similar subjects to B Medical Science. The main difference is that Medical Science is more restricted.

adrian_1522

HSC
My main interests are Chemistry & Biology. So if i was to do Medical Science I would major in something like that. Although, research doesn't really appeal to me & i'm thinking that there isn't much choice or opportunities after the degree.

I'm thinking teaching because it's a pretty stable career & teaching is a thing i've always wanted to do.

Psychology because i like the sound of Forensic Psychology.

sly_skittle

HSC
What about B Science (Psychology)/B Sci at ANU? This year the UAI is 85- but it probably will drop

In science you could major in forensic science, chemistry or cell and molecular biology. Here's the link to the majors you could do;

http://info.anu.edu.au/StudyAt/_Science/Undergraduate/Programs/_3600XBSCI.asp?tab=3

Then if you still wanted to do education you could do a postgraduate course which would only take an added 1 or 2 years.

A

adamsaclown

i don't think there's much scope to study forensic psyc at sydney uni

plus if you did the Medical Science degree, I don't think you get to choose a specific major like Chemistry or Biology? I think you'd need to do the regular B. Science/adv for that...not sure though

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You could always do a BSci and major in Chem or Bio or Psych and then at the end of the 3 years you can make the decision on whether to do honours or do a post grad education degree. You won't lose anytime that way and you could do that at pretty much any uni.

gerhard

HSC
yeah just do b sci

you can do all the subjects in a med sci degree or a psych degree in a regular b science degree. theres no real point of doing one of them as they just ask for a higher uai, restrict you, and give you nothing in return.

tennille

HSC
adamsaclown said:
i don't think there's much scope to study forensic psyc at sydney uni

plus if you did the Medical Science degree, I don't think you get to choose a specific major like Chemistry or Biology? I think you'd need to do the regular B. Science/adv for that...not sure though
You can major in stuff like biochemistry, physiology, etc, but the second year units are specific BMED units.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i think you should do bsci/whatever

that way you won't be as restricted. i prefer the lack of choice med sci gives me :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I think the poster's original question need to be worded in the form of:

I want to be __________ (insert an occupation) .. what is this career about?... and which course should i do?

because doing the bachelors of sc would not be enough to qualify to be a Forensic Psychologist.

A

adamsaclown

but it would be a start. then need to do honours and 2 years of postgraduate study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)