Science in 2004 (1 Viewer)

freespace

I got b.sci advanced, even though a) I don't want it b) UAI cut off is too high.

But I'll be trying to get into b.eng/b.sci, so guess I'll see you there any way!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
another question i wanted to ask is:

say i'm doing my double degree BEng/Bsci, is there a way such that i can get my BSci degree on my third year? and then move onto finishing my engineering degree? i'm asking this coz, i wanna have the option to attempt the gamsat test on my fourth year-and if i don't get in, then continue with my engineering.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
I'll be there doing a BE/BSci Advanced Maths

I may see you in some classes, if you're unlucky that is.

no...... thsi can't be... not u!!! NOOOOOOO

stuck wif u for 3 yrz.... lolz nah jkin jkin

bsci adv math for me.... not completely happie, wanted to do sci/comm

JUB JUB

HSC
hey1 i wanted to do sci/commerce too! I can't believe it went up to 97.30 from 94.whatever!!! I didn't think it was going to be so popular...dammit
but I got into science, so i'm still pretty happy!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by JUB JUB
hey1 i wanted to do sci/commerce too! I can't believe it went up to 97.30 from 94.whatever!!! I didn't think it was going to be so popular...dammit
but I got into science, so i'm still pretty happy!
It was interesting that science/commerce jumped so much at Usyd to 97.3, even higher than that at UNSW. Most of Usyd's other courses with UAI's>90 remained relatively stable though.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
It was interesting that science/commerce jumped so much at Usyd to 97.3, even higher than that at UNSW. Most of Usyd's other courses with UAI's>90 remained relatively stable though.
i think that there was a sharp increase in the demand of science/commerce- bcoz of the ppl. staying away from courses such as IT and software engineering. :s

woohoo

is everyone doing this course a guy? ...maybe i should have done nursing

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
prolly not jsut for guyz... *thinks of actuarial studies at macq, shivers* now dat jumped heapz... =p blehz

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by woohoo
is everyone doing this course a guy? ...maybe i should have done nursing
No, but it depends on the subjects u do. In physics there is mostly guys, in chemistry its 50/50, and in maths its 50/50 (since maths is compulsory for all in first year).

puffkenny

HSC
yo im doing B sci/ B commerce, but i wanna do the Adv level of sci. It says on the information thingy that ya need the Dean's approval to get into the Adv course. What sort of things do u need in order to satisfy that??

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
another question i wanted to ask is:

say i'm doing my double degree BEng/Bsci, is there a way such that i can get my BSci degree on my third year? and then move onto finishing my engineering degree? i'm asking this coz, i wanna have the option to attempt the gamsat test on my fourth year-and if i don't get in, then continue with my engineering.
There is a complex procedure to do that.
You enrol in B Eng for 2 years and transfer to B Sci for the third, and completing a science degree. Then you switch back to eng to do the last two years.
----
puffkenny:
You can do the advanced units in normal sci anyway.

From here I quote:
http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/future/ug/combined.html
"Students must meet the admission requirements for the Bachelor of Science (Advanced) or BSc(Advanced Mathematics) to gain admission into the BSc (Advanced)/BCom or BSc(Advanced Mathematics)/BCom."
From what I heard last year you don't have to do something special, but ring them up to clarify, the number's on the page.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
There is a complex procedure to do that.
You enrol in B Eng for 2 years and transfer to B Sci for the third, and completing a science degree. Then you switch back to eng to do the last two years...
so u basically finishing a 3 year degree in 1 year? :eek:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
...From what I heard last year you don't have to do something special, but ring them up to clarify, the number's on the page.
what do u mean? can't u just mention on the enrolment day- that u wanna do advanced science? :s

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
what do u mean? can't u just mention on the enrolment day- that u wanna do advanced science? :s
Yes, by picking 2 advanced subjects at enrolment u automatically qualify to be an advanced sci student anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)