Science in 2004 (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, but hows that gonna help u since ur trying to work your way into med. science or nutrition? :confused:
lolz, u neva noe... math is like, basis of everything... ;)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
lolz, u neva noe... math is like, basis of everything... ;)
na, but i would've thought that he would focus more on bio chemistry, biology and stuff- and do "maths for life sciences" course. :D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
na, but i would've thought that he would focus more on bio chemistry, biology and stuff- and do "maths for life sciences" course. :D
hey!!! the sarcasm for me??

lolz, guess all i need is general math to do adv bio eh??

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
hey!!! the sarcasm for me??

lolz, guess all i need is general math to do adv bio eh??
LoL, i didn't originally aim my comment at u, but oh well- u just seem to b putting salt on your wounds. :D :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoL, i didn't originally aim my comment at u, but oh well- u just seem to b putting salt on your wounds. :D :p
salt?? i use sulfur...

LowLifer

HSC
N/A
hahaha.... man i love the taste of Sulfur.....

okay, xiao, intrution done...... lol....
then again, not really intruding, cos i do science as well........ =p

man i agree with freakin_out, the guy should work on math for life science and concentrate on bio stuf... hehe

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ahahahha, kev... well done reviving the old thread man... tho tis sticked...

but serzly bro... eng/med sci is just... too crazy to be true... who convinced you to go on bos any way??? @@

biologyjenny

G'day, everyone

Hello, I will be doing B Science @ University of Sydney next year surely. Then transfer to B psychology in the following year. What kinds of science does uni of Sydney offer? Chemistry? Biology? What else? Hopefully, no more physics. I hate it very much. Well, See you all in 2005 at campus. Good Luck!

biologyjenny

In addition

Hay, forgot one stuff. I am also looking for a ppl who can help me with 3U/4U math that relate to "application caluclus in the physical world". If you think you have enough confidence to help me. Plz contact me. My mail is sally8162002@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
usyd offers alot of first year science subjects... chem bio phys along with psych are the most popular ones... then u also have stream specific courses like environmental science i believe, and molecular biology n stuff...

why not do b pschy as first year??? any way, if you really want to do b sci first year, and then b psch the year after, try to look at the first year courses of b pschy, and see if you can do same for b sci... do as many of those subjects as possible, so that you dont' have to do as many subjects in the holi (summer school) or 2nd year...

but u want to do biology.... =( i wanna do bio, but i couldn't... the lecturer is just too boring ot be true X_X

btw, regarding to ur tuition request, where do u live??? or up to where are you willing to travel for tuition???

biologyjenny

reply!!!!!

To xiao1985: Thanks a lot for your info. I am wondering if i study B Science major in psychology at the first year, Is it possible for me transferring to B pscyhology following year? What GPA should I get at first year? If i transfer in the following year, should I repeat year 1 for B psychology if i study psy as a major in B Science? Thanks a lot!

Genetics

Gene

hello..............
Is there any one who is doing Sc (genetics or Molecular bioloy and genetics)? what kinds of course is it? I want to know sth about it. what kinds of career can genetists do? Thanks for helping me!

wesleyyuk

HSC
hey i have a question. If i am doing commerce 2nd year in macquarie university, can i transfer to USYD for B.sci/B.com on the 3rd year? so i would missed 2 years of b.sci degree? both are 3 years full time.

wesleyyuk

HSC
If I am doing commerce in MQ and i wanted to do a double degree of B.sci/B.commerce after 2nd year? or do i need to do it again from the start? do u think this works? Say I have already done 2 years of commerce, which is 3 years full time. So what should i do? I just wanna do a double degree related to science and commerce, but i didn't get a high enough uai to enter the combined degree programme. I would also like to take the gamsat test on after doing the science degree if applicable. So any opinions or recommendations?

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
Doing B. of Sci/Arts! Bleh, anyone else doing that? :p

Planning to major in Psych for sci, and probably Chinese Studies in Arts. Just wondering, issit possible to do three majors? I want to do human resource management for Arts, but thats a Part B course, so I'm assuming I have to take Part A course. Meh.

Or maybe I'll just try transferring into B. of Psych after 1 year...with HD averages. Fuck. >.>

s_anne72

HSC
B Science (Advanced) for me :cool:
==>also planning to do a psych major along with something else

hehehe
GO USYD! YOOT YOOT!
lol :D

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Genetics said:
hello..............
Is there any one who is doing Sc (genetics or Molecular bioloy and genetics)? what kinds of course is it? I want to know sth about it. what kinds of career can genetists do? Thanks for helping me!
You should choose a general Bscience course if you dont know what you plan on doing or what you like. Doing a normal BScience course will allow you to enrol in different subjects which is more ideal. As to answer your question, the career paths for genetics and molecular biology are rather slim depending on your course of study. You can do research work on organisms and investigate their genetic makeup or prefereably take a more medical related pathway to research diseases (likely inheritable diseases).

wesleyyuk said:
If I am doing commerce in MQ and i wanted to do a double degree of B.sci/B.commerce after 2nd year? or do i need to do it again from the start? do u think this works? Say I have already done 2 years of commerce, which is 3 years full time. So what should i do? I just wanna do a double degree related to science and commerce, but i didn't get a high enough uai to enter the combined degree programme. I would also like to take the gamsat test on after doing the science degree if applicable. So any opinions or recommendations?
If you decide to do Science/Commerce concurrently (as two separate courses), the it should be fine when you decide which year to start your second degree as long as your certain and that you organize a suitable timetable to plan out each semester. This also applies if you do the double degree, you can do commerce and science at the same time.

However, if you are unable to recieve the appropriate UAI for Science/Commerce double degree, you can always transfer after a year of study with a credit average (2 passes, 2 credits; 2.5) which is not difficult at all at Macquarie for first year. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO WELL FIRST YEAR OF UNI - HSC is overrated.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
sikeveo said:
bit late mate............
ROFL last post february 2005. Quoting a quote from 2004....

:rolleyes:

Oh well, it may help someone still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)