Science Extension? (1 Viewer)

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
Hi everyone, Im genuinely curious about what this course is like, as there're not much info about it. Can anyone who do/ did science extension give me a review of it and Do you reckon it possible to do it along with math 4u and like potentially 3 sciences (chem, physic, bio) as Im planning on picking up math 4u in yr 12.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Hi everyone, Im genuinely curious about what this course is like, as there're not much info about it. Can anyone who do/ did science extension give me a review of it and Do you reckon it possible to do it along with math 4u and like potentially 3 sciences (chem, physic, bio) as Im planning on picking up math 4u in yr 12.
that’s 13 units? I’d drop 1 science if you were to do tjat

nsw..wollongong

HSC
its acc so nice in essence but the amt of time u need to invest into it is ridiculous
but whats nice abt it is that u get individualised learning bc the classes are usually so small (its literally me and one other person)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
trial exam for it was horrible, the questions were so hard 💀 buttt its nice to put on ur resume esp if u work with external mentors that can give u a ref letter or something

carrotsss

HSC
What I’ve heard from friends pretty much just confirms what @nsw..wollongong, it’s really cool to be able to work on a project like that but the amount of effort you have to invest for only 1 unit is sorta insane. Keep in mind, the major work is typically only 50% of your internals, and science extension is worth half of normal subjects, so effectively it’s like an assessment being weighted at 25% in a 2u subject - which is definitely not proportional to the amount of effort it requires.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
sciX is much more manageable with 2 sciences than 3 considering work load distribution

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
its acc so nice in essence but the amt of time u need to invest into it is ridiculous
but whats nice abt it is that u get individualised learning bc the classes are usually so small (its literally me and one other person)
Oh what do you do in science extension. I really like doing experiment but my school is terrible and never have a band 6 for science extension so I don't know whether I should choose it or not.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Oh what do you do in science extension. I really like doing experiment but my school is terrible and never have a band 6 for science extension so I don't know whether I should choose it or not.
mod 1: principles of sciX (mostly philosophy ngl, occams razor, paradigm shifts, etc etc but very underrated in the exam, lots of ppl gloss over this mod thinking its not important)
mod 2: research proposal (lit review time - i hated this, presentation of ur project (for us, it was in front of the principal + entire science department))
mod 3: statistical analysis (this mod was so ass but u have to pay attention SOOO closely, u miss a lesson and u feel like u wanna give up. there are so many analyses and tests and their conditions u have to memorise but if u spend time devising ways of memorisation u should be fine -- very important section in the hsc and esp ur trials)
mod 4: research report (hugest chunk, worth the most, takes up the most time, be smart with what u include in this report bc u get to use it in the hsc. so its smart if u include stuff from modules in here)

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
mod 1: principles of sciX (mostly philosophy ngl, occams razor, paradigm shifts, etc etc but very underrated in the exam, lots of ppl gloss over this mod thinking its not important)
mod 2: research proposal (lit review time - i hated this, presentation of ur project (for us, it was in front of the principal + entire science department))
mod 3: statistical analysis (this mod was so ass but u have to pay attention SOOO closely, u miss a lesson and u feel like u wanna give up. there are so many analyses and tests and their conditions u have to memorise but if u spend time devising ways of memorisation u should be fine -- very important section in the hsc and esp ur trials)
mod 4: research report (hugest chunk, worth the most, takes up the most time, be smart with what u include in this report bc u get to use it in the hsc. so its smart if u include stuff from modules in here)
Do you choose your research in the first term and work on it throughout yr 12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)