Science Competition (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Our school got the results for the 2003 Science competition back not long ago.

I wonder what you guys out there got? Credit? Distinction? Higher Distinction?? In what year group?

I got a Credit.........Very happy, since i didn't expected to get anything!:) :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well, I'm in Year 12, so it's for ALL years.

To Twintip:

wow, so confident!!!

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
we got our back a week ago..
i got high distinction in yr 12
very surprised...
good fun though...
good luck to everyone else

s2ophie

HSC
I hate these competitions!!! It means absolutely nothing but teachers pressured us into it for so many years. I've been doing them since primary school and i took a stance and did none of them in yr 12!

Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
I never went in any maths/science or whatever compertitions, as if u would pay to do a test :rolleyes: :p
LOL true very true..my school pays for half to try and con kids to do them

SoFTuaRiaL

*evil me*
i didnt pay to do it last yr .... just turned up for the test expecting someone to be away ... and hey presto! someone was, and they let me do the test instead. ended up with a HD :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Win money? How much do they actually pay you? $50??
How many of us in the competitions are able to get to the top 0.0 something % anyway to get that cash??

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
participation.. that's what I was expecting so I'm not disappointed.

spice girl

magic mirror
if u get the top mark in the state for your grade, you get this oval shaped medal. it looks like gold and it seems heavy, but i don't think it's gold...well if there is any, there's not very much of it

ummm...i dun think they give out money any more...they used to, about $100, but not recently...i think they don't have any sponsorship any more...

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
got a credit, lol.. the worse i've ever done.
we only had 2 distinctions in our year, not a lot of people did it and i guess no one tried particularly hard.

freakofcool

Participation. Sorta expecting it, I really just wanted another certificate for my portfolio. so it's all good! we had i think 3 or so credits, 3 distinctions and one high distinction in our year. not a lot of people did it this year...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by spice girl
if u get the top mark in the state for your grade, you get this oval shaped medal.
now there's only one way u'd know that hey? :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
To spice girl:

Did you really top the state in the science comp?? what mark out of 45 did you get? (or whoever in Ruse got).

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Survivor39

I wonder what you guys out there got? Credit? Distinction? Higher Distinction?? In what year group?

dont forget the participations. ive been getting them every year since primary school and added another one to my collection this year. The only time i got a distinction was when one year we got to do it in a classroom unsupervised.

spice girl

magic mirror
usually about 2-4 ppl in ruse get the thing each year. usually if you get 44 / 45 (in higher grades) you'll get it. of course, if someone else in the state gets 45 / 45 then you won't.

but if you get 45/45 you're pretty sure you'll get it. just not the money :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)