Science Advanced (Mathematics and Finance) Workload (1 Viewer)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Yeah i'm thinking of doing Science Adv this year and pursing the mathematics and finance option as per http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2006/MATHF13986.html

Basically I wanted to know how many days a week i'd need to attend Uni (3 or more...) and if it would be possible after the first year to transfer to commerce or economics 2nd year.

From what I can see I don't get the chance to actually do any science studies at all, except for one 3uoc course in year 2. Other then that I only do maths or finance + the 3uoc general education.

Any insight would be appreciate. I didn't know whether to ask this in science, or commerce sub forums...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
That link has all the information as to how many contact hours will be required. Click on each of the subject and see if it is a session 1 subject, then add up the contact hours for all session 1 subjects given in the description.

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
minushuman said:
Basically I wanted to know how many days a week i'd need to attend Uni (3 or more...) and if it would be possible after the first year to transfer to commerce or economics 2nd year.
Yes. You can do exact the same subject in the first year to any other commerce students, and providing you get good enough results, you can transfer without having to study a subject extra.

You need to attend Uni 4 days a week due to MATH1151/1251.

You get to do 6 credit points of the special advance subjects (2 of them). Also there should be 1 or 2 electives which you can get to use to do 2nd year or higher science subjects if you desire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)