best school ever, home to the BEST 'FREEMAN DAY PERFORMANCE' ever

don't ever forget 'The Super Sexy Senior Nerds', don't worry you won't

Freeman Catholic College is a "great" school

so many biology memories:
- terminator bugs
- dam german ancestors
- plastic enclosed hand-held ink well
- the kidney eating (nephron)
- toilet water experiment (not part of syllabus)
- nector eating....................and so many more, wipe tear

iamsickofyear12

HSC
St Andrews Cathedral School... And it is fucking shit and just getting worse. You'd think a private school would be better than most but sadly it's not.

For example, throughout year 11 my IPT class didn't learn anything because we had a teacher that knew less than we did. I figure they just pulled her off the street and said 'hey what about a teaching job!!??'

Then there is the excessive time wasting. The time allocations are stupid and organisation doesn't exist. Take for example 'admin' period every day. This time is basically wasted. Going to lunch would be more useful, and thats what we did most of the time.

Then there is the time in between periods. Of course no time is allocated for this, even though we have 3 seperate buildings (which are in different buildings in the city) and it takes time especially with the building with lifts. Then to add to that, instead of making 5 teachers move buildings to teach, they make 150 students move. If they are moving to the building with the lifts, theres another 15 minutes waiting in line. And if the teachers actually have to go to another building to teach, they usually show up more than 20 minutes late.

Then there is just the staff in general. A lot of them are constantly late, as seen by my maths teacher this year who was at least 15 minutes late every lesson and who's record was 52 minutes late (our lessons are an hour long). Classes at my school are like a lucky dip. Some teachers are good and some are bad. There is almost no structure in the teaching, pretty much every teacher just teaches whatever they want in whatever way they want to teach it.

Students are dismissive of most of the teachers, this is especially the case with year 12's who have dealt with their incompetence for years. And you'd think the heads of department would be intelligent but apparently not. For english this year we were stuck with the worst possible choices of texts.

Being a private school there is more funds avaliable for stuff like computers. My school sure uses it well. For some reason the computers in study hall (which is used exclusively by year 11 and 12) are worse than the computers in the primary. The internet is constantly screwed up and the network storage constantly deleted peoples work.

There is so much more I could say, but obviously you can already tell the school is screwed. And sure you can say 'well at least you are at a private school' but thats exactly my point. Sure we have better facilities than most but what makes a school is the people in it, and the people in this one are complete idiots.

So to really rate the school it needs to be broken up into categories.
10/10 for opportunities
0/10 for actually taking advantage of those opportunities

Thanks a lot St Andrews, I had a wonderful time. I hope you guys are having a great holiday with all that cash you saved from hiring random people off the street.

emmamar

HSC
i go to MLC Burwood.. its great.. excellent drama department... great atmosphere.. amazing friends!!

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I currently go to Canterbury Boys' High School and i don't like that school.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
normo, a place where cross-dressing and drinking poisonous concoctions is a way of life

mondayitis

Originally Posted by matty_boi17
OH! Your school is so frigging friendly. I go to Colyton High, and we competed against you guys in Rock Eisteddfod this year... and all of your kids are so nice
Hey, do you know Paul Lester?

I go to OLMC Parramatta... not a bad school. Hate having to be there at 8am, and then sometimes finishing at 4:30... but tis good being close to westfields. and good coffee :)
some teachers are fantastic, others not so crash hot.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
emmamar said:
which school dont u like?
haven't you heard of Canterbury Boys' high school
the school that i don't like is Canterbury Boys' high school

miki503

HSC
where are all the images and stuff for the scavenger hunt??

no one has posted anything to get points to win??

can someone tell me so i can laugh at them?? or has no one done anything??!!

~miki

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
emmamar said:
i go to MLC Burwood.. its great.. excellent drama department... great atmosphere.. amazing friends!!

MLC sucks!!! All you stupid MLC and PLC people fill up our train and all you do is sit right near the door so that people cant get in and out of the train, and you guys all sit with feet on the seats and take up so much space you guys are soooo rude and ignorant and you smell!!! And then you guys try to chat up with the Trinity and Newington boys and talk really loud so that the whole carriage can hear what you did at sum party last night and that you got with this guy and that guy and all these crap that no one cares about!!!

QAFluva

HSC
I go to Plumpton High School, and it has got to be the worst school ever. The new principal is pathetic and almost all the teachers are brainless.

I'd give it a 0.5/10

'drew Lee

I go to AISHK (Australian International School Hong Kong), the city just off the coast of China

The school's quite good even though it's less than 10 years old, the teachers are passionate about what they do and they try and make the best of the situation (since we're pretty much cut off from Australia, the students get notes off this website...so thanks).

I'll give it an 8.5 out of 10 for the new campus we have and also coz I've been there since year 4....

special kake

schools

i went 2 olmc parramatta. was ok though hated it at first. probably cause i didnt like the uniform and any part of it. after a year there though, it got better. the 8 am classes in yr 11 and 12 seem evil, but theyr not really, cause theyr actually 5 mins shorter than the other lessons, and yes, i have watched the clock 2 find that out, only in religion lessons though.

digmahstigma

HSC
sydney girls... the students are cool, teachers are cool [well mine are at least], principal's a wanker but hopefully she'll leave soon. she's such a fucking fake ass bitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)