Schooling and gaming (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
tamaranadine said:
ew, i hate games.
the last game i ever played was 5 years ago, and it was some rugrats game on ps1.

games are a complete waste of time, are boring and stupid. At least on bos I am doing something kind of educational (I use that term loosely)
N00b.

cs01001

HSC
Nah, some research pointed out that computer game increases your reflex time, concentration span etc.

Evergreen

HSC
saying playing games is a complete waste of time is just wrong. some people do it to earn money or just for relxation. just as some people do art, read a book, etc for relaxation.

And scientists say playing games games improve your brain in many ways.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Hm, I must agree with you there & accept that I am wrong. But from what I see, games are very evil. Many people I see are rotting away letting their life slip through their hands for a couple of hours of games. Thats not to say that games are bad overall, as MANY people are able to have self-control which is good. But games can have VERY serious consequences if your time management and priorities have not been worked out beforehand, and before you know it you regret what you have done.

DaWun

blah
HSC
ahh tibia = drug even thou its a shit ass graphic game its very addictive .. must pEEkAYY noob!
ahaha im trying to decrease the amount of game i play .. the only came i play now is dota a wc3 game .. but i only play weekends .. and still get told off =X

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I'm suprised that tamarandine hasn't come back at me for my n00b comment.

Anyway, games provide a competitive and sometimes challenging way of relaxation, much like sports. So yeah, playing games is alright, but its just the proportions of which you game and study thats important.

cs01001

HSC
Gaming is a form or art. The idea of gaming isn't really to get someting out of it (unless you are a hardcore gamer), its more for relaxation purpose

Btw S1M0, its not nice to call girls n00b, you know that :)

Last edited:

LiL-Azn

R-R-Remix!!
HSC
Kujah said:
I did play WoW for a little bit, but I was hooked up on a game that my friends were playign (called Tibia). How lame, when I look back at it. The graphics are absolutely shit, and the gameplay is so boring now. Pokemon was pretty addictive =D

Meh, I've only play games on holidays now. Once school starts, the un-install button is used =)
lmao! I use to play tibia! Did you know it is upgraded now? hahahaha

I reckon the best time to play is after your work is done or you limit yourself and play first a little bit and then focus on work after with a relaxed mind from playing games. Discipline is the key!!!

"Laziness will waste and wreck your time resulting on your life " quoted from a monks prayer

dan.121212

HSC
i play less than 8 hours a week - xbox 360 - only on fridays, saturdays, and sundays - Gears of War, Halo, Call of duty, oblivion, Ghost recon : AW/2 and what not - great way to relax - work hard, then relax hard - thats what i say!!!!

Takuto

HSC
LottoX said:
You'll soon realise there's more to life than games. Stupid games =( It claims lots of victims in the HSC.

Well, for some people, something in your life will soon become so important that you'll realise that games aren't worth the time you spend on them anymore, and it could be the HSC, or it could be something else.
who needs the HSC when u have WoW?! lvl 70 > over 30 uai. (im failing hard btw)

Takuto

HSC
lol. true. i think games do help you alot in some ways (relieving stress?) and are definitely worth the temporary enjoyment just like reading a book would be etc. but i must advise you to AVOID ONLINE GAMES esp RPGS. these are meant to be addictive and life ruining.

I just don't see anything wrong with games though. I think that social life + games should always come before study. I mean, this is the only times you will be able to party hard, play games and bludge. When you get a job, you'll look back and think "omGz! i r waste my lyf on hsc"

cs01001

HSC
Takuto said:
lol. true. i think games do help you alot in some ways (relieving stress?) and are definitely worth the temporary enjoyment just like reading a book would be etc. but i must advise you to AVOID ONLINE GAMES esp RPGS. these are meant to be addictive and life ruining.

I just don't see anything wrong with games though. I think that social life + games should always come before study. I mean, this is the only times you will be able to party hard, play games and bludge. When you get a job, you'll look back and think "omGz! i r waste my lyf on hsc"
I use to think like you as well. I thought 'Hey, we all get to live for a certain amount of time, why bother with school/HSC? Why not enjoy the most of life?'. I later thought about it and it made more sense to me when i realized you need a good/decent job to enjoy quality life, and in order to get a good/decent job, you will need good grades from school.

LottoX is damn right. I kinda stopped it now...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
On another note, is Humglish Tamara?

porquoispas

HSC
Some people's objectives in life are to finish their final fantasy game or their grand theft auto or whatever game they play while some people have more productive things to do with their time...

who cares.. let them be... at least it's making them happy..

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
magpam said:
its good to get a balance of both cause if your only doing school work it kind of makes you go crazy :bomb:
Very true, much like the situation that i'm in now. Damn exams.

cccclaire

HSC
I'm a bit addicted to tetris now.
I can get up to level 18 now, and geezus its so fast.
and i keep having tetris dreams. where you just imagine the pieces and where they go. Its insane, I play way too much.

Evergreen

HSC
stop bashing gamers. you can still play games in preliminary and even in the HSC. it can help you relax and relieve stress and its not like your gonna study more than 6 hours a day anyway.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
cccclaire said:
I'm a bit addicted to tetris now.
I can get up to level 18 now, and geezus its so fast.
and i keep having tetris dreams. where you just imagine the pieces and where they go. Its insane, I play way too much.
AHAH ! omgg .. i know what you mean ! but my tetris obssession lasted like 3 weeks during the summer holidays .. ahah ..

but i did enjoy those dreams .. they help you think so much faster !

cccclaire

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
AHAH ! omgg .. i know what you mean ! but my tetris obssession lasted like 3 weeks during the summer holidays .. ahah ..

but i did enjoy those dreams .. they help you think so much faster !
unfortunately i got addicted to tetris over my half-yearlies =/
and the dreams are so annoying after like 5 nights in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)