Schoolies in the media (1 Viewer)

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
ens of thousands of Year 12 students have once again descended on the Gold Coast for Schoolies Week, the annual festival where school leavers from across Australia come together to relax in the sun, binge drink and get raped.

Nicole Withers, 17, of Pymble NSW, is a typical schoolie looking to wind down after a tough year of studying. "I really needed to relax after all that massive pressure to do well in my exams," she said. "So I came to a place where there's massive pressure to drink so much that you need to have your stomach pumped. It's pretty cool."

The event has a reputation for attracting some unsavoury patrons. Organisers hope that there are fewer unwanted older guests this year, and also fewer unwanted pregnancies. But this seems unlikely thanks to an unfortunate coincidence which, for the fifteenth year in a row, saw Schoolies Week held at the same location as Toolies Week, the annual event for older perverts who want to get into drunken brawls and molest unconscious high school students.

But Withers sees the perpetual Toolie presence as a plus. “I was planning on getting wasted on about ten Lemon Ruskies last night, but it turned out some crusty old dude slipped rohypnol into my drink instead," she said. "He probably saved me a fortune."

"We had an awesome time," she said. "At least I think we did, I can't actually remember anything. But I woke up with less bruising than some of my girlfriends did, and the guy actually left his Hotmail address, so I'm calling it a success."

But despite the somewhat sleazy aspects of Schoolies, Withers views the experience as a vital step in her transition to adulthood. “Waking up and not remembering anything about the sex you probably didn't consent to the night before is a perfect introduction to next year, when I'll be living in a university college,” she said.
It's funny because it's true.

http://www.chaser.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2895&Itemid=26

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahahahaha

everyone told me to beware of toolies bearing roofies but i was fine,except in shooters bar one night when some chick was telling me to watch out cos she'd just seen some guy slip something in a girls drink

Crowie

HSC
N/A
i just got back this arvo
it is just like going out 2 the city or sumfin there is always going 2 b trouble with older wankers
i saw so many toolies if u watch out 4 ur mates ur not gonna get in ne trouble

wat the media doesnt do enough promotion of is all the positive n self help groups
RED FROG CREW - whole bunch of christians who work for free 2 help u out in ne way possible to make sure ur safe
there is like 50 cops going round every night just in uniforms
SCHOOLIES organisers they were out on the streets al the time
have fun play it safe celebrate but project ur mates

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I have a general rule about distrusting all Christians, but the Red Frogs Crew were fucking cool, as were the other Christians who gave out free drinks and offered help and all that.

The SES people were also cool and helped as much as possible and were very friendly as were the official schoolies people who gave out free connies and lube.

The cops were all pretty cool, except for one group of them on horseback who i ended up in an argument with.

Other than that, all good.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a general rule about distrusting all Christians, but the Red Frogs Crew were fucking cool, as were the other Christians who gave out free drinks and offered help and all that.
yeh red frogs were good

Carnivour

HSC
the red froggers were awesome - we made friends with one group of them, and they sat in our room for hours at a time. and seriously, they took our garbage out and cooked us our stakes and our pancakes...dont get much better than that

Lanz122

how cool if sydney had ared frog crew....mmmmmm red frogs....they were fucking awsome

7th Sign

HSC
wtf is this red frog shit i never saw them like once :|

saw these people with yellow shirts on a few nights but trying to give advice...they got pretty annoying after a while but they were only trying to help..

police were out in crazy numbers like every night about 50 + police :| :|: |

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
But this seems unlikely thanks to an unfortunate coincidence which, for the fifteenth year in a row, saw Schoolies Week held at the same location as Toolies Week, the annual event for older perverts who want to get into drunken brawls and molest unconscious high school students.
hahaha chaser is sooo funny!

gracie007

HSC
^hey eels right on!

hahahahaha i saw soo many guys from my skool on tv getting carted away by cops, drunk. so funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)