School won't allow me to do Advanced English (1 Viewer)

Scion

HSC
HEY can someone help me? my school wont allow me to do Advanced english, is there anyway around this?? like can i talk to the board of studies.

P.s i am currently in year 11 doing term 2

HSC
not much you can do that i know of, schools in charge of that i think. just get good marks, show them you deserve you belong there

undalay

HSC
They probably won't let you switch because its too late in the year and there may be timetabling/class issues ? or maybe theres just not enough hours remaining for you to satisfactorily complete the course.

cs01001

HSC
^ You probably misunderstood what the OP is saying, or maybe I did... Hmm, I think the OP is currently doing Advance and is facing the problem of being dropped to Standard by the school for some reasons. The school can still drop you down to Standard despite we are well and truly into Term 2.

(I am in the same boat as you... just trying to improve my marks all the time :()

undalay

HSC
someone once told me a school can't stop you from doing a subject.

My friend got rejected for extension math 1, she then spammed the principal with complaints, and got in.

However, she is failing MX1 though...

cs01001

HSC
lol, are you at school now? I am not because its Athletics Carnival today and there is a speech and 2U test tomorrow. :(

Its true. The school won't stop you from doing a subject, but you will need to have a solid reason to argue with the guy in charge.

P

pLuvia

If you mean you are doing standard english now and you want to change to advanced english in year 12, that won't be possible as you didn't cover the preliminary work

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Lol i go to Homebush Boys and they wont even let u move up a class only down a class.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Hm, is it possible to move down from Adv. to Standard atm ?

Our teachers have talken to us alot about what marks we are/should be getting and talking about scaling and what not. They tell us that its better doing standard getting blah blah .. yeah that talk.

Bank$

HSC
They cannot not let u do a subject just threaten to sue and u will be in the class (honestly)

Scion

HSC
Ye dudes frikken sefton has a frikken cut off - anyone know if i can appeal? (to the board)

any advice would help

thnx guyz

cs01001

HSC
If the school bars you from doing Advanced, I guess there is very little you can do. Give it a try anyway with parent letters...

nelses

HSC
If the school has stopped you from doing advance, then there's most likely a good reason behind it. Plus, someone who skips school to escape assignments and assessments shouldn't even think of being capable of doing advance... right scion?

cs01001

HSC
^ Now now, where does all this come from?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
maybe the school doesn't want you to because you're stupid and will drop the average of the advanced group

suck it up sunshine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)