school UAI rankings (smh) (1 Viewer)

D

dragon

I remember reading in the newspaper a couple of years ago, a ranking of all NSW schools doing the hsc, ranked by the percentage of people who got a UAI of over 90..

Dont know if they still do it, but anyone got this years one!?? Its heaps interesting

From what i can remember number 1 was james ruth by far, up there were sydney girls and boys, fort street. The only private school in top 20 was scots i think...

schmelly selective schools!!

ellipsis

HSC
Hmph, selective schools don't smell ! :rolleyes: (ok, I admit to being biased, but still... )

Its a fair bit different if thats how the old one went. Theres more privates in the top 20, more like 6/7, and the selectives have all switched order - go Hornsby! :D :D :D

The list is about halfway down this thread if you wanna see.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
man, my skool wasnt even on their list.. LOL yeah we're like 300 or so.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
there couldn't be a list judging on UAIs anymore because these statistics aren't released to the media or even individual schools. The only way a school can find out your UAI is if you tell them. The list your referring to would be the number of band 6's achieved by students at a school (that is, over 90), in which case the list isn't realy fair because larger schools are at an immediate advantage (more students= more chances to get >90). If you want that list MiNai posted it in another thread.

ellipsis

HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
there couldn't be a list judging on UAIs anymore because these statistics aren't released to the media or even individual schools. The only way a school can find out your UAI is if you tell them. The list your referring to would be the number of band 6's achieved by students at a school (that is, over 90), in which case the list isn't realy fair because larger schools are at an immediate advantage (more students= more chances to get >90). If you want that list MiNai posted it in another thread.
Nah, the one in Minai's thread is the good list, the one that does it by percentages so large schools have no advantage.

There is another list kicking around that does it the other way (which is just silly) but this isn't it.

But you're right they do both base it on honourable mentions (band 6) not the UAI.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by dragon
I remember reading in the newspaper a couple of years ago, a ranking of all NSW schools doing the hsc, ranked by the percentage of people who got a UAI of over 90..
They used to do it, up until the Mt Druitt affair in 1998(or 1997?)
that caused an uproar (cos no one got over 50 UAI there) and subsequently, UAI's are only dealt to the universities and the students

Rahul

Dead Member
i dont think there is enuff space allowed on one page to show where my school would be!

i think it sumwhere like 500.....god we suck....are there even 500 schools go do the hsc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)