Hi Guys

Just wonderin abt the subjects Im doin at school

I do:

2 unit maths
2 I.T
2 Chemistry
2 Biology
2 Standard English

Just wondering if these subjects wil b enough to get 95+ in the UAI....If I wanna get 95+ how shud I b doin in my HSC exams.......shud I b gettin 90+ in all my subjects for my HSC( keepin in mind english standard cant get over 80% and maths is not exactly my strength....i usually get arnd 83% for my assessments)

Wat happens if u screw up ur half yearlys.......will it matter a lot and wat abt rankings........how does rankings affect the HSC scaling..............if i get top 15 for all my subjects except for maths....will that be ok?

LMK coz Im STRESSING

Anju

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
*agrees with Cyph*

nothing happens if u screw up half yrly's but maintain a good rank. Remember, u are doing assessments to gain as best rank as possible, because u get distributed moderated assesment marks based on rank.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
how would the ranking work ?

like say you got a class of 12 people and come about 8th

whereas another class you got 90 people and came 50th

how is the numbers in the class affecting the way your interal assessments are worth ?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
The class of 12 people's average will be affected more by a couple of people performing less than what they were expected to in the HSC exam (i.e. their moderated assessment mark is higher than their exam mark). This will mean other people in the class will get less marks for their moderated assessment marks than what they should have. It can go the other way too, if people ranked down the bottom get moderated assessment marks of ~45 then get HSC exams marks of ~60 like what happened in my physics class last year, the other people in the class can thank them for the extra few marks added onto their moderated assessment marks.

Conversely, a class of 90 people won't be affected much by a few people performing less than expected. The average will be more stable, but you need to be up towards the top more than what you would in a smaller class to do well in general (assuming the school isn't selective or anything like that).
looks like im doomed...
i've got 10 people in my SDD class
now two are gonna drop

and now i'm left with people perfoming worse than me lol

anju_th

Thanx for replying guys

But if I maintain a top 15 rank in all of my subjects (cept for maths coz its against 3 unit ppl too) but if i come arnd 30-40th out of 136 ppl in maths wud dat b ok?

I heard a rumour dat ppl who do the same subjects are only gonna b compared together......is dis tru?
Why does IT get scaled down? I heard it gets scaled up?????

Geez Board of Studies realli is unfair on this scaling thing.....

LMK

Anju

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
but its not your ranking in JUST your maths class (ei 20 or so people) isn't it your whole maths level for yr12 (more like over 100)

anju_th

Yeh my ranking of arnd 30-40th..........is out of the school grp of students doin maths which includes 3 unit as well as 2 unit........

anju_th

Is my ranking bad????? geez..........but 3 unit students get 100% in 3 unit.......and that just pulls the rest of 2 unit down.......but i heard a rumour that this time the board of studies are only gonna compare u wit ppl doin the same subjects as u.... dunno how that works but thats wat I heard........i dunno how tru that is......

But how does ranking affect ur HSC scaling neway? Sumone explain?

Thanx

Anju

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)