School ranking in relation to your ATAR (1 Viewer)

HSC
Im currently in year 11, but im doing accelerated SOR 1 (studies of religion 1 unit)...Im currently ranked about 5th however, naturally as a year 11, the year 12 HSC tensions are building and I am curious. How much does school ranking and your rank within your school matter? Im aiming to do well, but tbh my internal marks arent as good as I had hoped - is it possible to achieve a perfect score without ranking number 1 at your school?

Also I heard that certain schools rank their accelerants higher or something? Is this possible?

d1zzyohs

HSC
No. Schools cannot skew your marks just because you decided to take accelerator.

However - it is often the case for subjects such as... Maths Accelerated, for example; that the accelerator class comes first, second. etc....
If you want to have a visual representation - use HSCNinja and put in an arbitary amount of marks; and your schools compared to different schools. Generally - if you do well internally; you have less to worry about. But, obviously if your school is ranked, say, top 400 - then... well; your school's assessment tasks are probably easy.

Accelerator SOR 1 is interesting... Catholic school?

HSC
yea Catholic school... SOR is compulsory which kinda sucks so Im tryna get it out of the way - its our schools first year ever to do accelerated SOR so im kinda a lab rat. My schools rank fluctuates a lot but last year it was within top 25 so... Anyways thanks for the speedy response

d1zzyohs

HSC
yea Catholic school... SOR is compulsory which kinda sucks so Im tryna get it out of the way - its our schools first year ever to do accelerated SOR so im kinda a lab rat. My schools rank fluctuates a lot but last year it was within top 25 so... Anyways thanks for the speedy response
haha top 25 bro, you're cruising. you don't even have to worry about ranking.
my school is barely top 100-150. feels bad man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)