school rank (1 Viewer)

crazysteph

HSC
what effect does your schools rank have on scaling/overall final marks?

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
So what effect does it have on anything?

And how do you find your school rank out? I posted a thread about it but no response.

Affinity

HSC
School rank is roughly correlated with performance of school, a rank 1 a james ruse is probably different from a rank one at say.. parramatta high.

Combined with School assessment ranks, it gives amateur UAI predictors here a rough feel of a person's ability.

Dropdeadbored

HSC
Um your school's rank has nothing to do with your rank. You only have to worry about your rank within the school- you'll obviously do better if you're first in your year.

I think the 'school rank' is only worked out later. Eg. if everybody gets marks in the 90s in one school in English, and everybody at another school gets marks in the 70s, the first school would be ranked above the second school.

But some schools try to get rid of low performers to keep a high 'school rank'. when I was applying for Selective High, I heard rumours that you have to get more than 75% in your classes at James Ruse to stay in the school. Then you have other schools like mine (I'm no longer at a selective high) which is open to everyone, including those with learning difficulties, and people who need others o read their exams for them.

So I don't believe in "School Rank". It only really tells you how willing your whole school is to work (not comparing the really good, ultra-competitive people at the top), or how stuck up and exclusive another school wants to be. It should be the person, not the school, that matters. :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)