School prohibiting dropping a subject (1 Viewer)

maryjane05

HSC
Hey there,

I am in year 11 trying to drop a pretty content heavy subject for a relatively easier lighter subject (Design and Tech). The subject coordinator of my school is saying that it is too late. Design and Tech has virtually no prelim content as is just portfolio work which can easily be caught up on especially since its my skillset. This is not an unreasonable request, it's not like I'm trying to pickup extension maths or anything. Now my subject coordinator doesn't want to put me in the course. Is there anything I can do, (inform NESA etc or anything)? What other strategies can I use?

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Have the people whose doing the course already sat through an half yearly exam? If so, it is likely too late since you will have to catchup on terms worth of work whilst balancing your other subjects.

I think you might want to talk to the head teacher of that subject to discuss what you can do, but if you can't theres really not much you could do since its already quite a while into yr11.

Vall

HSC
often times if ur parents email (or even better call) the school and say what you want done, it’ll happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)