• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School Motto (1 Viewer)

pri

HSC
N/A
faber est suae est quisqui fortunae- each one is the maker of their own fortune.

its my schools ancient motto, its actually quite inspirational, and very non religious (100% atheist school)

the funny part is my school embodies this motto, believing that life is what you make of it, and its up to you to succeed, i.e dont depend on others for your success.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by BaByDoLL11^^
Our principal went to Syd Girls like 1000 billion years ago and she's always telling us how our motto is crappy compared to Syd Girls
Sydney Girls' motto: Labor Omnia Vincit. (Work Conquers All)... pffft that I say.

Sydney Boys' motto: Veritate et Virtute (Truth and Virtue) -
prefects motto: Veritate et Pudor (Truth and Humility).

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by pri
faber est suae est quisqui fortunae- each one is the maker of their own fortune.

its my schools ancient motto, its actually quite inspirational, and very non religious (100% atheist school)

the funny part is my school embodies this motto, believing that life is what you make of it, and its up to you to succeed, i.e dont depend on others for your success.
thats probably the best motto so far....

by 100% atheist, do you mean your schools has no religious subjects and no christian/catholic/etc clubs?

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
hah... i dunno what my high school one was but the crappy primary school one was "wisdom and courage"

1 more

fructis
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

Sydney Girls' motto: Labor Omnia Vincit. (Work Conquers All)... pffft that I say.

this kind of reminds me of "ARBEIT MACHT FREI"
:eek: :(

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by ellipsis

my dictionary says "gung-ho adj. zealous, eager. [Chinese gonghe work together] "

but I dunno, I don't even speak any form of chinese ! I've just picked up the word from other people.
gung = work?
ho = good?

i dunno a guess ... my cnato sux

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by GJ_JOE

by 100% atheist, do you mean your schools has no religious subjects and no christian/catholic/etc clubs?
im at fort too

a lot of my friends are christian... and i think thruout the whole skool mayb about 20 or 30 percent are christian

it does have activities such as STIVE and stuff - a group for christian students to meet up at lunch time or something ...

and every wednesday 6th period is "scripture" period for the people who are interested in learning about the bible

like 10 ppl go? most of them are yr 7'z

while the rest of the skool head off home early every wed 6th period ... and a lot head off to burwood to bum :D

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by GJ_JOE

no we have christian clubs set up by some ppl, but what I mean is my school is not a "believe in god and you shall succeed" type of place, like they dont actively endorse religion, nor do they diss it, its more about tolorance.

Leap

free falling
HSC
Our motto is "Seek wisdom in Christ"
The school I went to for years 7 - 10 had the slogan "Under your protection" which was rather pointless. My primary school's motto was "Love one another," lol.

Originally posted by Lord Ac
Whats your schools Motto? Like, on the school badge, uniform, newletter, etc?

Mine: Christus Regnat

Translation: Christ Reins

Ac
my school's motto- 'act justly'. I think justice is highly opinionated

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by pri
no we have christian clubs set up by some ppl, but what I mean is my school is not a "believe in god and you shall succeed" type of place, like they dont actively endorse religion, nor do they diss it, its more about tolorance.
our school does not offer religion as a senior subject at all!

Huy

HSC
N/A
'Maria Duce'

mary our leader?
mary leads?
mary is the way?

ah... i forget!

hehe im setting a bad example...
oh well, you get the gist of it :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
haha not quite, that'd be deuce?

it's late, i can't "speeeel" ;)

it's pronouced 'maria doo-chay'

-- i hope that helps? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)