School marks of people with UAI > 95 (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
And in addition to what acmilan said, as far as I know, raw exam marks rarely (if not never) get aligned down. Although if someone has evidence to support the contrary, then by all means speak. :p

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Do your internal assessment marks (school assessment marks) affect your HSC marks? Because I have always thought that your internal assessment marks just determine your rank, and its the rank that counts, so if you're ranked first, it doesn't matter how low your school assessment mark is.
Could someone clear this up for me...

Thanks,

hyperbole :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
hyperbole said:
Do your internal assessment marks (school assessment marks) affect your HSC marks? Because I have always thought that your internal assessment marks just determine your rank, and its the rank that counts, so if you're ranked first, it doesn't matter how low your school assessment mark is.

Thanks,

The relative differences in marks between ranked students is also important so yes marks also count. A school with 10 marks separating 3rd and 4th may have different marks to if they only had 1 mark separating them.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
hyperbole said:

Thanks,

If you're ranked first, the highest exam mark attained by anyone at your school will become your aligned assessment mark. You're basically exempt from any of the effects of aligning.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
acmilan said:
The relative differences in marks between ranked students is also important so yes marks also count. A school with 10 marks separating 3rd and 4th may have different marks to if they only had 1 mark separating them.
so what happens if the difference between 1st and 2nd is small in assesments, but huge in the HSC exam?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Sphyx said:
so what happens if the difference between 1st and 2nd is small in assesments, but huge in the HSC exam?
Assuming 1st still comes first:
1st gets their own HSC exam mark.
2nd gets their HSC exam mark pulled up, I think. Lucky them.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Assuming 1st still comes first:
1st gets their own HSC exam mark.
2nd gets their HSC exam mark pulled up, I think. Lucky them.
2nd will get their aligned assessment mark pulled up - everyone gets their own exam mark, regardless of how well or how badly they did. But if there's a huge gap between 1st and 2nd, then 2nd's low exam mark will partially negate the benefit they gained from the moderating process.

Btw. I don't think this happens too often though - there may be a gap, but I don't think the gap between 1st and 2nd is usually that large since most people try their best for the HSC exams.

Last edited:
HSC
i got 96 and what iv learned is to just keep your ranks up and not worry too much about your actual assessment marks. I suppose the rank matters little if the difference in assessmnt marks between each person is very little or if you've got a pretty smart class. here iv got my raw assessment marks, aligned and ranks. your final hsc mark is just an average of your aligned assessment mark and your hsc exam mark.

ancient history - 82 (aligned 86) rank 8/27
bio - 87 (aligned 89) rank 5/35
english adv- 85 (aligned 87) rank 22/66
maths - 80 (aligned 90) rank 9/61
maths ext.- 26 ( aligned 39) rank 20/33
chinese - 86 (aligned 95) rank 2/7
chinese ext. - 40 (aligned 45) rank 3/6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)