School friends vs. Uni friends (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
I don't know whether it's because I've just started uni but there isn't anyone who I find interesting enough to attempt to make friends with (perhaps that's just me being apathetic). My friends from high school are interesting and funny and nobody I've met so far is as interesting.

jellybeenz

HSC
I dont have uni friends yet but I can already feel the rifts with high school ones. I've realised now that no matter how close we were last year and over the summer, this year is about change and we cant remain as close as we have been forever. Its actually pretty sad. This dawned on me the other day when I couldnt get my little group of friends together for even one day this week-- too much uni work, jobs etc... I cried for a while but I guess its a reality I must accept.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Guernica said:
Reading this thread scared me :eek: I don't wanna leave high school :(
its not that bad, just that the whole "making new friends thing" shits you. i made friends since we had some orientation crap at uts and we've met more people as the weeks have moved on. There are heaps of different people at uni, some you will click with and others you would find the to be weird. Nonetheless its good to mingle with other people.

abt school friends, we mainly catch up during breaks and stuff. However, over the easter holidays we've caught up a fair bit. its hard sometimes to realise and comprehend how busy people are for you. i guess that's what we all go through and its a learning curve. But yeah, some of us have drifted away and somehow i kinda found the true friends that will always stick by you!

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Uni friends and high school friends are so different. People at uni are so much older and there's a whole variety of people you can be mix with. At school, you're limited to be friends with people you're own age/living in the same area, you see everyday for six hours, so you naturally become close. My friends at uni are okay - but we only see each other once a week, but it's harder to have the same type of friendship with them rather than your friends at high school.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i've made a couple of friends that i sit with /go to all classes with. and a few other people who are like a sub group if that makes sense ... dw in general i think school friends are still better cos i know them better right now

smik chik

Lisamac
HSC
i can't wait to go to uni but i'm a bit scared about the transition. i won't know anyone cuz at the moment none of my friends have decided on going to the same uni as me. Is it easy to meet people?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
In my final years I'm getting more detached from having a best friend -->> towards having just a friend, just worried i might lose them :cool:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Eh, it happens, amoz_lilo.

It seems as though I have finally detached myself from a part of my school group*, yet at the same time I don't really have any good friends as such at uni. Annoying, but that's life.

*Nothing in common beyond the fact that we were 'friends' at school, really.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i still like my school mates but we're all different now..sure we got along well at school, but yeh, as someone's already said way back, we just didn't really have the same interests, and i only really realised that after year 12..they're changing a lot..getting into other things..and so am i..and our common interests that we actually DID share are disappearing..i was also in a massive group at school so i was only REALLY close to a few anyway (and i still am close with them :))

i haven't known my friends from uni very long at all..but i love hanging out with them :D i guess because we all have the same interests..it's cool..my degree only has 25 people in it anyway..so even though we get lumped into mass lectures, i still see my regulars (our courses are compulsory)

anyway, uni can be so consuming sometimes..i hardly have time to catch up with old school friends because it really DOES require effort to keep the friendship going..you can't just let it sit and expect it to be as good as it was..so when i DO meet up with them again, we're so distant..it's kind of sad really..you also get those awkward moments where you walk past someone from school and you're not sure if you should say hi..haha i hate that

on the other hand though, your school mates do know everything about you..it's fun to have a laugh about 'remember when..' hehe

Ziusudra said:
but once they realised I was deaf, they just kinda didn't wanna talk anymore.
and that was from an old post, but man that is so fucking harsh

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
not many ppl at uni seem to wanna b my friend....i dunno if its that i smell or whether its cos the ppls who go at night are crap

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i love my high school friends to death, but i'm kinda accepting the fact that some of us are parting ways....

uni friends so far are brilliant. Though I could really only name a single digit number of people that I really click with so far.

And there are those who I've been to highschool and into uni with..... :)

= Jennifer =

HSC
i find that my highschool friends i have more of a connection with rather than the people at uni, as you are not in the same class for most of your subjects where highschool you were and u developed a bond but it is only week 8 of uni i still have 5 years to go...

hope that makes sense i am tired sorry guys!!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i find that my highschool friends i have more of a connection with rather than the people at uni, as you are not in the same class for most of your subjects where highschool you were and u developed a bond but it is only week 8 of uni i still have 5 years to go...

hope that makes sense i am tired sorry guys!!
awwww jennn how cutte

L

LaraB

i think uni friends i dunno...are a welcome change frmo hs in a lot of ways..

mainly coz my hs..i guess most people were either desperately trying to get 100UAI so you coudlnt talk about anything with them other than school work aft about yr 10....or they were despertaetly trying to prove they didnt care about their hsc so in the process became more and more moronic in their personality

i think since hs's finished a lota people have i spose calmed down n gotten over the whole "yay 4 drinking n smoking n e im so cool!" thing but they're still i dunno...less i dunno the word..sensible? than uni people

thath said tho - i love my friends from outa school n stuff more than uni n hs friends lol:)

jellybeenz

HSC
Its weird because in high school, people just seemed to stick. At uni you talk to a bunch of different people and not very many stick, but I do have one or two I can call friends.

I dunno... We had a high school party the other night, there are some people I dont want to lose touch with, but there are also some who I just look at and say "Who are you? Why are we even friends?" Such a short time has lapsed but some people who were once my closest friends seem like complete strangers.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Uni friends are better. They take drugs, drink more and have a lot more sex.

I probably should never have gone to a christian school, ey?

jellybeenz

HSC
You know what jumb, you are right! lol Uni friends dont judge you for doing those things either.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
jellybeenz said:
You know what jumb, you are right! lol Uni friends dont judge you for doing those things either.
I only do one of those things, but I still like the uni friends better for doing things other then church.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
nah that hasnt been the case for me at uts

every person ive talked to hates smokers and dont do drugs

im right back at school :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I've learnt all these new names for drugs since I've started at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)