School Fees (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just interested how much (if you know) your school fees are... Subject fees (if there are any) as well. You might as well tell us what type of school you attend (e.g. public/private etc.) and your opinions on the correlation between school fees and education quality.

I attend St. Pauls College (private, catholic) and I pay about $1300 each year [I think that's really cheap for a catholic school)... and in my area, yes it is very true that if you pay money you get the better education because the surrounding schools suck.... well at least the student learning environment does.

P.S. This is my 1000th post! w00hoooo!

0hNivlek

HSC
Public High School Rank 163

$120~ had to pay to get textbooks issued LOL.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Mine were about 100 dollars a year, including a textbook scheme where we receive a deposit back if we returned the textbooks back in their standard shape. Added to that was a early-bird discount.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine were about 100 dollars a year, including a textbook scheme where we receive a deposit back if we returned the textbooks back in their standard shape. Added to that was a early-bird discount.
Kind of worried about why people would return them in a different shape! I understand about a standard/previous condition.... haha.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, well if students had either accidentally or deliberately damaged their textbook(s), the school ultimately kept the deposit. And that did happen for most of the students, even though the 'damage' at times was questionable.

Last edited:
K

khorne

And when we get to Uni, your school won't matter...That's called money well spent =D

Lukybear

HSC
lol... our fees are 150$, and some people dont even pay that. Its basically about 15-30$ per subject, with the exception of say art, which requires about 60 or so... not sure.

Interesting fact; for public school students, fees can be avoided with a certain letter i think. As in a fee exempt letter from parents to principal.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd much rather pay the $1300 that I am now to go to my school than fall into one of the surrounding mosh pits that are in the district.

Moneyequalmarks

HSC
about $18000 a year...small change really and means going to one of if not the best school there is...you pay for what you get

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
about $18000 a year...small change really and means going to one of if not the best school there is...you pay for what you get
Small change? That is half my mother's yearly wage. I don't think I'd want to pay that. Clearly I am not as rich as you.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
This thread will help me determine what school my children attend

Last edited:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lol... our fees are 150$, and some people dont even pay that. Its basically about 15-30$ per subject, with the exception of say art, which requires about 60 or so... not sure.

Interesting fact; for public school students, fees can be avoided with a certain letter i think. As in a fee exempt letter from parents to principal.
yeah but u would only do that if you cant afford to pay...cmon, its nto that much anyway.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
I've done that before. Works really well LOL

Concerti

HSC
My tuition is all free :) Voluntary contributions and some others add up to quite a bit though.
Otherwise, you usually pay up to about $23000 !!!

SCEGGS

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)