School email (1 Viewer)

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
What happens to our data in our school accounts after we graduated? Does the education department delete everything? Or do they archive it? What for?

c_z_m

HSC
For your school email - apparently it depends on your IT administrator. Some might delete your accounts. Some might let them stay. According to some, your school email is meant to be deleted 3 months after graduation - though I can't verify that figure.

In any case, do back up data just in case your email is deleted.

On a similar vein though, schools will keep your data about how you went in the HSC...

tito981

HSC
What happens to our data in our school accounts after we graduated? Does the education department delete everything? Or do they archive it? What for?
if you got an independent/private school (your email wont have the @education.nsw.gov.au tag) they delete it completely pretty soon after HSC and for public it is as c_z_m says where it is deleted roughly 3 months later.

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
ty also On google drive can i retrieve a shared pdf (from the original owner) that I removed?

c_z_m

HSC
ty also On google drive can i retrieve a shared pdf (from the original owner) that I removed?
If you removed it, you'll probably have to ask for permission again to be added back. If you haven't, it should be visible on your "Shared with me" Drive page. I'm not sure what your circumstances are, but if all else fails, it won't hurt to ask the original owner!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)