School Crazes/in things (1 Viewer)

astro boy

HSC
i want to know wat the cool crazes or in things were at people's schools this year
this year at Leo's has been year of the 'nugget' in which people would steal other people's bags, empty them, turn them inside out, put everything back in again, zip it back up and place the bag where they found it and the bag owner or the 'nuggetee' would be very embarrassed as by now the whole class would be looking at his nuggeted bag :haha:

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
We had quite a few:

One was huge fruit fights everyday at lunch, the canteen leaves out huge boxes of fruit for the borders, but we'd steal them and throw them at each other, it was good fun actually :p especially when you've got 50 odd blokes pegging 300 apples at each other. But alas that got stomped on pretty quick by the powers that be and we had to find different entertainment.

This came in cushion duels/fights/charges/imprisoning. In our rec room we have theses huge pillows that we lay on at lunch and shit. 2 blokes get one large pillow each, get a huge run up and charge headfirst at each other in an attempt to knock the other bloke over. Also good fun. Or you could pick up 2 little ones and flog the piss out of some suprised chap. This amusment was halted, voluntarily on our part, when some poor bugger (me actually) got thrown violently into a window, resulting in the window being smashed.

This led to us lads charging out into the quad and grabbing some poor unwary soul, dragging him into the rec room, laying him on the ground and heaping huge pillows on him, then we'd all sit on the pillows untill we thought he'd had enough.

We had heaps more, but the most memorable one was sack whacking. A large chain with your keys on it made a formiddable weapon. Just walk up behind your victiom, swing your chain with your bunch of keys between his legs and up into the groin area. You'd know you were sucessful if the victim keeled over in pain while screaming insults and curses at you and your mother.

Anyway thats just a few...we had shitloads :)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Ummm.. well we played big 2 pretty much non stop throughout the year. We had about 6 or 7 decks of cards in the common room for ppl to play with. There was always someone playing big 2 in there. We even got sick of big 2 and tried to come up with new games, but I suppose we were too lazy to learn new rules so we just stuck to big 2 the whole time.:cool:

edit: forgot some more,
I dont know why but a whole heap of guys (from yr 12 who hadnt really grown up from yr 9) played handball every lunch and recess.

Then there was the Zoot Box. I dont know that much about it since I only heard about it. You could open the doors in the quad/canteen area all the way and make a sort of triangle shaped box with them. Then what you would do is grab some unsuspecting victim and shove them into the Zoot Box and get a bunch of friends to hold it shut. Then you chuck bags over the top of the box, or if you were really mean you'd empty bins onto the vicitm :evilfire: The doors had windows in them so you could see everything that happened. :evilfire:

Last edited:

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Ummm this might sound stupid....but whats Big 2? :confused:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Its a card game where the basic idea is that you get dealt a hand of cards and you try to get rid of yours first. Very addictive. :)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Ahhh ok, so its like bullshit.

I love that game :D

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Yeah i think so.

You get dealt out the entire deck and you have to get rid of your cards first. The first one with no cards wins. But you can only put down one sort of card at a time eg 1 ace. But if you have 2 aces then you can put them both down. You put your cards face down and tell the other players what you are dropping eg "im putting down 3 aces" If they dont believe you then they say "bullshit" and look at your cards. If you were telling the truth they have to pick up all the cards in the middle, but if they catch you in a lie you have to pick up all the cards in the middle.

Its a really fun game :)

Anyway i have a legal studies exam in 8 hours so i better be off. Night all :)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ok, this isn't really trends, but locker room antics:

the magic carpet: last year, and this year too, our locker room carpet would absorb anything. twisties, fruit, wafers, small children, you name it. this year's one has at least 200 grams of "uncle sam wafers" (thanks bi-lo), and assorted fruit, which is usually there because of...

...locker room cricket: cricket in the broadest sense, usually involving a school tennis raquet for a bat, and a peice of fruit (apple, orange, banana, watermelon, whatever) for a ball.

we've also had smashed windows, smashed doors, assorted small fires in lockers and bins, etc...

and we had handball going strong up till last year, after which we moved onto hackey sack.

kaseita

go big2!! that's such an asian game though, nearly every asian I know plays it.

we had the same thing as lazy, 'cept we called it couching. that got us kicked out of the yr12 area quite a few times. broke a few windows too

also had this shaving craze. some guy would bring in a shaver and shave people bald (only volunteers though).

also had the fishbowl. the entire back of our yr12 area, is like a closed off corridor of plants, with a grill at the top to let sunlight in, and closed off by glass windows from the yr12 area
anyway, people would steal someones shoe, throw it into the fishbowl, the guy would have to climb into the bowl to get their shoe, and once they were in, we'd all close the window and laugh at him.

Christine

beige member
HSC
my school is full of italians, lebs and maltese so they had a big thing going on with Briscola..

bex

HSC
A group of us played Hacky Sack every lunch time in the yr 12 courtyard, we had an array of hackeys each with its own name and its own number.....before that it was continuous hand ball.. :cool:

During the winter olympics we set up our own 'Loreto Luge'.. which was basically flying down the hill that our commo was on lying on a skateboard...

Sarah J

HSC
Originally posted by Christine
my school is full of italians, lebs and maltese so they had a big thing going on with Briscola..
God! I cannot stand that game. My grandma tried to teach it to me and I just don't get all those cups and swords and...GRRR!!!

It's fun watching them play for 5c at a time :D

Last edited:

astro boy

HSC
oh ok so card games and human cruelty seem to be popular
hasnt there been any fashion statement trends? for the guys at my school it was it was dodgy facial hair (untill u had to shave it off) and with the chicks it was bright coloured bras so they would show through theyre shirts... damn attention whores

Amie

um nothing too big at my school says my memory but i think its possible that i just wasnt payinn much attention!

hacky sack was pretty big for ages, but thats been an ongoing fetish since yr10 for our boys... they even had a hack up on the top of mt Kosiosko in the snow at our camp...

... our school is pretty rigid with our uniforms and tryed really hard to enforce it, to the point where they were going to bring in a rule that stated that girls must wear white bras.
they did try however to enforce the sock rule...
girls socks had to be a regulation length of between 10-12 cm above our shoe lines... and forever (like pre-yr7) a big chunk of the girls have had their socks pulled up about mid calf.. and it looked fine. So with the sock rule being enforced it became more popluar to pull our socks up... that was like a whole school 'fad' (wat kinda word is fad??!)

we did however have one really big craze at our school, it was throughout the whole school but was really hectic in our grade...

CHICKEN TENDER ROLLS (with lettuce and mayo)

seriously if u werent served in the first 5 minutes of lunch that was it... no tendery goodness for u!!! ppl bought them in mass orders... like ppl would give monwy to one person at recess and at luch they get to the line first and buy like 15 CTRs and (and im serious here..) come away with shopping bags full of rolls... hehehe

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
What the fuck are you complaining about astro boy?? Sounds like heaven to me...:D

im jess

we have this stump in our quad that someone painted yellow.... i use to put a bin lin in front of it and do a funky dance for money.... and it worked.... i earned $5 one day.... yay!... hehehe

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Wel in the food dept our obsessions were chicken lavish (lebanese roll with lettuce, tomato, cubes of chicken and heaps of cheese) and they would be gone in about 5 minutes, 7 devil chips on an unbuttered roll and choc chip cookies. We used to put the cookies in the microwave so that theyd be hot when we ate them. So one day the school got this new high powered micorwave and me, not knowing how strong it was, put my cookie in it for a whole minute. Well after about 30 seconds I realised that something really stank so I went to the microwave to make sure it wasnt my cookie, and when I got there I saw that black smoke was pouring out of the back of the microwave :eek: It was even worse when I opened up the microwave and more smoke came out and my cookie (in its plastic bag) had half melted onto the bottom of the microwave. I spent the rest of the day walking around smelling like burnt cookie cause the smell wouldnt come out of my clothes. After that they put signs all over the microwaves saying "NO COOKIES IN THE MICROWAVE"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)