School changed Year 12 Order (1 Viewer)

goodcat911

HSC
My school's always done Module 5, 6, 7, 8 in year 12 for Chemistry, but now they made it so it's: Module 7, half of Module 8, Module 5, Module 6, other half of Module 8 in that order. This'll probably mean that the first year 12 topic test (end of next term) will be on Mod 7, rather than Mod 5. I've been going to tution up until now to be a term ahead of school (we are finishing Mod 5 in tution this term and starting Mod 6 next term), but I don't know what to do for next term. I also have hsc for one of my subjects (accel) week 2-3ish next term + looking to make 4u (so needa focus more on Maths), and next 2 weeks are prelims. so idk what to do for Chemistry. Any advice?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
My school's always done Module 5, 6, 7, 8 in year 12 for Chemistry, but now they made it so it's: Module 7, half of Module 8, Module 5, Module 6, other half of Module 8 in that order. This'll probably mean that the first year 12 topic test (end of next term) will be on Mod 7, rather than Mod 5. I've been going to tution up until now to be a term ahead of school (we are finishing Mod 5 in tution this term and starting Mod 6 next term), but I don't know what to do for next term. I also have hsc for one of my subjects (accel) week 2-3ish next term + looking to make 4u (so needa focus more on Maths), and next 2 weeks are prelims. so idk what to do for Chemistry. Any advice?
If it's being misaligned with your tutoring school the you're worries about, maybe it's worth asking them for resources for the modules you're doing at school?

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Just keep following the proscribed order the tutoring school follows + Jump ahead in your textbook and briefly familiarize yourself with some of the content and examples from M7 and M8. You will probably do worse in any M7 based assessment (given that you will be learning it with only schoolteacher instruction, as opposed to your usual tutor + schoolteacher instruction), but then go on to do better in M5/M6 assessments, so by the time you get to the HSC exam you will be roughly as good at chem as you would've been anyway.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Just keep following the proscribed order the tutoring school follows + Jump ahead in your textbook and briefly familiarize yourself with some of the content and examples from M7 and M8. You will probably do worse in any M7 based assessment (given that you will be learning it with only schoolteacher instruction, as opposed to your usual tutor + schoolteacher instruction), but then go on to do better in M5/M6 assessments, so by the time you get to the HSC exam you will be roughly as good at chem as you would've been anyway.
But he's saying that his actual school is doing it differently - why would he keep up with his tutoring school if his assessments are gonna be different???

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Tutoring and teaching are about lifelong understanding of content, not about having a student rote learn examples within exam convenient timeframes.

Thus, the order of content delivery is irrelevant, what matters most is that you're actually competent at the subject. If OP can't survive the HSC with some slight differences in the content delivery order between their school and their extra help, then there is no point in them doing a subject like chemistry at all (as the inability to manage the differential schedules would be a clear sign of either disinterest or inability).

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Tutoring and teaching are about lifelong understanding of content, not about having a student rote learn examples within exam convenient timeframes.

Thus, the order of content delivery is irrelevant, what matters most is that you're actually competent at the subject. If OP can't survive the HSC with some slight differences in the content delivery order between their school and their extra help, then there is no point in them doing a subject like chemistry at all (as the inability to manage the differential schedules would be a clear sign of either disinterest or inability).
Fine but then he'd still be doing work for two modules at once out of sync, which doesn't make sense to me - but do what you will

goodcat911

HSC

thanks both of u ill most likely stay in my tution class, but buy the module 7 course from the centre, and just grind by myself with tution stuff + textbook + self learning. ill (hopefully) complete mod 5 to 8 chem in the summer holidays anyways so the topic test is the only concern as the other assessments should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)