School Captains can apply for more UAI points (1 Viewer)

Yippie

Damn it...
for my school, the school captain=the dux...
that means all those precious marks will go to him!!!
it is so unfair...
(i am sulking)

Zecca

Thats bad!

if thats true, that really isnt fair, theres only two captn pos's, its not fair that everyone else doesnt get that op just cos they didnt win a friggin popularity contest,

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Yippie said:
Damn it...
for my school, the school captain=the dux...
that means all those precious marks will go to him!!!
it is so unfair...
(i am sulking)
errr so even if he/she comes last in everything they always get auto dux?

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Sarah: no, thats just stupid

and giving extra marks to captains is ridiculous because most captains are chosen out of popularity.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
they take on the commitment to be captain....they dont have to do it, and they know how much work they will be taking on
theres no way they can get extra marks cos they are captains! they get other advantages from having that role anyways.

malkin86

HSC
like free morning tea with cake and bikkies once a week...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I've heard of girl captains being picked cause theyre hot.

Also, at a local school, the captain only got picked cause all the teachers liked him but the students didnt. It was rigged I tells ya!

I dont go to a school with captains, so I.... yeah.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
i worked damn hard for my SRC, moreso than anyone, even the captains, but it was something i did out of choice, to better the school environment for everyone, not to gain a few bonus points on my uai.
see i spent my spare time with friends....

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
jumb said:
I've heard of girl captains being picked cause theyre hot.

Also, at a local school, the captain only got picked cause all the teachers liked him but the students didnt. It was rigged I tells ya!

I dont go to a school with captains, so I.... yeah.

let me assure that it is certainly not the case in our school. I was voted school captain due to my commitment and passion for my school and community. I had to work my ass off to get school captain. I was a member of School SRC and district SRC and also did State SRC for a year, I was the NSW Police youth liason officer for a year and also worked on a Environmental Resolution and developed a State wide HELP team ( High School Environmental Leaders Program).

I really pisses me off when ppl say that captains were voted in because they are popular, this may certainly be the case in some circumstances but not always true.

Last edited:

Demandred

HSC
Yippie - Usually the organisation and leadership skills of a captain can be easily applied in the class room as well.

In the end, popularity and respect goes hand in hand, and this is derived your achievements which is derived from your personal character. So I guess if you have a great character, you should be able to do good things of which would make you popular.

That's only my opinion, there could be exceptions of course.

chiken_lips

They Can

LiLLy_H said:
Hey!

I was just wondering if this was true? Some people in my school applied for the SRC in hopes that becoming School Captain would add extra points/marks to their UAI. I think this is ridicualous and just wondering if this is true.

Thanks

Hey, im not a school captain but my friend is and it's true they can apply for up to 5 added UAI marks because of the amount of work they are required to do around the school which may intrude on their studies. Now whether this is fair or not ... should be determined by whether they have attanded to all their duties and whether it has intruded that much... coz the other issue is - what about all the other prefects which have duties as well? So yeah its not a myth - i was told that they can... but its not as though they're gonna do better than what they would have done had they not been Captain? What do you guys reckon? :confused:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I reackon you are wrong.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
chiken_lips said:
Hey, im not a school captain but my friend is and it's true they can apply for up to 5 added UAI marks because of the amount of work they are required to do around the school which may intrude on their studies. Now whether this is fair or not ... should be determined by whether they have attanded to all their duties and whether it has intruded that much... coz the other issue is - what about all the other prefects which have duties as well? So yeah its not a myth - i was told that they can... but its not as though they're gonna do better than what they would have done had they not been Captain? What do you guys reckon? :confused:
what about lazy captains who do nothing?

rumour

HSC
At my school we didn't get to pick the captains, only the principal, deputies & captains from last year got to pick someone out of the prefects :(

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
at some universities (like macquarie) if you give in your reports.. have taken place in co curricular/leadership activites and show that you can get involved in all aspects of school (or in future uni) life while still doing reasonably well you can get an extra 5 points towards your uai for any course at that specific uni.. but you dont have to be a captain to get it. 4 girls from my school (not all leaders) got it.. but the people who werent leaders did music.. sport etc.
thats also how the principals recommendation scheme at acu works.. but the principal writes it up

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mate thats so full of shit hahahaha

my ones dont do ANYTHING and they deserve more uai? please

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
its all about what you think you can get
universities are a lot more flexible than you think, but usually the smaller ones like csu, une, southern cross, etc. they have the principals recommendation schemes, and other special entry schemes. they want students, and the uai cutoff isnt the be all and end all, but you have to get in early, and for most of these kind of things, now is too late, for class of '04.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)