School Assessment Marks and UAI (1 Viewer)

HSC
excuse my ignorance but do your school assessment mark have any bearing on your UAI ...

so if this was the case i could have a poor hsc mark due to scaling but an excellent UAI?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Your school assessment mark counts for 50% of your HSC. But the school assessment mark that you add up together throughout all your assessments is not the mark that is used. That mark undergoes a moderating procedure to ensure marks are fair throughout the state and take into account the varying levels of difficulty in assessments from different schools.

It would depend what you would consider as a 'poor' HSC mark to answer your question. But generally you'd still need good HSC marks to attain a good UAI.

HSC
thanks for the help ... i understood how the final HSC mark was derived but i was a little unsure how UAC came up with the UAI ...

my maths teacher told me in dealing with the UAI my rank as opposed to the final assessment mark was all that was used ... so if i come fourth i will receive the fourth best exam mark without the moderating that occurs in the derivation of my final HSC mark?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
that's what moderating is - your assessment marked getting moderated to the 4th highest exam mark......

ghettoblaster

HSC
argh!!!! so that means next term (begin yr 12) i have to study consistently throughout the year in order to do well in my school assessments as they impact my UAI? This sucks!!!!!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)