School Assessment marks -> affected by HSC results? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am not sure if this is true, but i heard from someone who has "researched about the UAI" said that your school assessment marks are affected by your ranking in what you get in your hsc results. This is a little confusing so i'll try and give the best possible example.

At school ABC, there are student A, B and C

Assessment Marks
A:85% therefore ranked 1st
B:79% ranked 2nd
C:73% ranked 3rd

However, the HSC results are:
A: 86% (2nd)
B: 91% (1st)
C:81% (3rd)

now, B gets his/her HSC result (91%) and is combined with A's assessment mark (85%) because he/she came first, while A get his/her HSC results (86%) and is combined with B's assessment marks (79%) while C gets his/her own marks combined.

I was just wondering if this is true, because if it is, this is retarded.

thanks

munchiecrunchie

HSC
nope this is not quite true.

its more like this:

person A will get 86% as their exam mark, 91% as assessment mark

person B will get 91% as their exam mark, 86% as assessment mark

person C will get 81% as their exam mark, 81% as assessment mark

basically the pool of HSC marks that your school gets determines what assessment marks are attached to respective ranks.

Last edited:
HSC
so the assessment marks don't matter, while the ranks do, which is used to find the respective HSC mark so that becomes your assessment mark combined with your real HSC mark.

Is this right?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Kakashi Hatake said:
so the assessment marks don't matter, while the ranks do, which is used to find the respective HSC mark so that becomes your assessment mark combined with your real HSC mark.

Is this right?
The above explanation is a very simple version of what BOS does.

Important things that come into moderation for internal results in relation to external results are:
  • ranks (most important)
  • difference in marks between people
For example, I was first in the year with 97% for my accelerated subject, Mathematics.

And the second top guy was on 96% (due to rounding off). In reality, the difference between him and I was only 0.3%.

When we both did our HSC, I got:
100 for my external result and he got 96%.

Since I came first in the year and got 100, my internal mark of 97 was adjusted to 100.

According to the above explanation the second top guy should have got 96% for both internal and external (if we only look at the ranks). However, he ended up getting: 99 for internal and 96 for external.

Why? Because his internal mark was so close to my internal adjusted result (100). So he got 99. So you can see that both ranks and difference in marks between people matter.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)