scholarships (1 Viewer)

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hey,
does anyone know what happens with scholarships? Do they give you one based on your uai, or do you have to apply for them? If so, where can i get information about various scholarships (my career's advisor has gone...lol)..

thanks, in advance

7minute

HSC
It really depends on which university you're looking at. At the University of Sydney, they have some which are given to you if you get a certain UAI (99.95 or 100.00 I think), and others which you have to apply for. The University of New South Wales has more that you have to apply for. Other universities I'm not sure. The best thing to do is visit the university websites and look for their section on scholarships.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
There are purely UAI-based scholarships e.g.
USyd - you need 99.95 or 100
UNSW - you need 100
They vary in duration, but I think these scholarships are valid for 3-5 years.

Then there are also other scholarships for which you have to apply and attend an interview...for these, you're better off searching each uni's website.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Many of the scholarships are based on other criteria than UAI, eg community service, extra activities, disability. Sometimes there is a minimum UAI required to eb considered, but after that other things are considered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)