Scholarships? (1 Viewer)

suling

HSC
So..I was wondering, if I got an offer from USYD or ANU, is it possible to defer and then apply for scholarships for 2012? I wasn't at all expecting the ATAR I got, and so didn't bother applying for any.

Help please?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
No I don't think you can defer scholarships for Usyd. Not sure about ANU though.
Argh I wish I got a USyd scholarship. T_T

Has anyone heard from UTS/UNSW/UOW?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It depends on the exact terms of the scholarships. I believe that most scholarships don't allow deferral, instead you have to reapply at the end of 2011 for a 2012 scholarship.

(Totally unbiased advice: ANU > USyd)

suling

HSC
So say I deferred my degree for a year, I could apply for a 2012 scholarship at the end of next year, based on my results/ATAR?

ANU would definitely be first choice -planning on doing Masters, PhD there eventually :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Tis too bad. As i always say, always apply for scholarships no matter what you think your ATAR will be. You have nothing to lose and oh so much to gain.

ibbi00

HSC
Does anyone know if I can defer my UWS $20,000 scholarship? I'd only want to go UWS for medicine but I'd have to sit UMAT next year to have a shot at 2012 entry.

suling

HSC
Ah well, I am pretty much decided on going to UNE anyway. I'm not particularly fussed about prestige for an undergraduate degree (read: it means I can scrounge off parents).

Funny story: no scholarships at UNE that I was eligible for :/

Thanks everyone for the help. :)

X

xeuyrawp

Does anyone know if I can defer my UWS $20,000 scholarship? I'd only want to go UWS for medicine but I'd have to sit UMAT next year to have a shot at 2012 entry.
As general advice to everybody, especially when it comes to scholarships: Talk with the universities' scholarships contacts. They are usually very helpful if you give specific details of your situation and your plans.

Details of scholarships (especially how you can make yourself more eligible and competitive) can drastically change from year to year and often only people who offer them can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Thought about grad med?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)