scholarships at UOW (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
anybody got a scholarship in a combined degree at UOW?

Cheers.

Ninga

HSC
I know of a few people who got scholarships for double degrees. Well, i know of at least one. Hope that satisfies your insatiable hunger for information.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
ok sweet...those they have scholarships at UOW...was your academic ability the main reason for you getting a scholarship? what UAI did you get? or do you believe you extra-curricular/leadership potential won you a spot?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Meads said:
ok sweet...those they have scholarships at UOW...was your academic ability the main reason for you getting a scholarship? what UAI did you get? or do you believe you extra-curricular/leadership potential won you a spot?
I don't think competition for UOW scholarships is that great. All I had were good marks. My extra-curricular/leadership etc... were all pretty dodgy.

Ninga

HSC
I think when it comes down to it, for the big scholarships, the ones that are $4000 and above, they pretty much just take into account your UAI. The highest UAI will get the biggest scholarship in the end. But they make take into account your interview too, because if you are a complete knobhead, i wouldnt give you shit personally. I know I had some leadership stuff and extra curricular stuff and sport on my application when i applied for scholarships a few years ago. That might have helped.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
I don't think competition for UOW scholarships is that great. All I had were good marks. My extra-curricular/leadership etc... were all pretty dodgy.
what was ur UAI? is about 94 a 'high UAI' do you think?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Meads said:
what was ur UAI? is about 94 a 'high UAI' do you think?
i got 98.30 UAI, but you get notification of whether you got an offer before your UAI. Mine said I need minimum 98 UAI for acceptance.

But, that said, with 94 UAI you will easily be in top 5 of course, at least for engineering.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
And sometimes you don't even need good marks.

I had a mate with a WAM of 67 and a few extra cirriculars and he managed a decent scholarship... some of these scholarships, it's like they award them via a barrell draw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)