Scholarship Interviews (1 Viewer)

Chris!

Has anyone had interviews for co-op or rural scholarships? I have interviews for Mechanical, Mining and Civil engineering, what type of questions do they ask and is there good ways to prepare?

KD

HSC
N/A
Your marks probably got you the interview so they wont be worried about them so much. What they will be interested in is your character. They will want to know if you have good communication skills and whether you can work on your own and as part of a group. They will particularly want to know if you really want to do their degree - have you researched the field do you know what they do etc. They will also want some examples of where you have acted like an engineer (e.g. solved challenging problems, built something etc.).

Chris!

So i should know what mining engineers do for example and what attracts me to the co-op program and this type of engineering. Do you know approx how many people have interviws for engineering and how many scholarships they award?

KD

HSC
N/A
Yes, they don't want to give a scholarship to someone who is just applying for the money. They want to give it to people who really want the degree. It looks really bad if a scholarship holder quits the course and goes somewhere else. It's not really a good idea for the applicant anyway. After working 40 to 50 years in an area you don't like it won't matter to you how much you were given to do the course. Note: You can't take your Scholarship to another course so if you change you lose it and it goes to someone else.

The number of scholarships vary from year to year depending on sponsors. Big Schools might interview 20 to 30 people. I think School of Civil & Enviro will have between 5-12 different scholarships depending on the year (Not Co-op but rural and other named scholarships). No idea about Mining.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Emphasise on how much you love the course and what you want to do in life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)