Scholarship for COFA (1 Viewer)

Suki

HSC
Is there a scholarship for COFA available to current year 12 student?
Someone in my art class apparently applied for the scholarship via his sister and i've been searching all over the cofa website to find gather any info!!
Does anyone have any idea about this scholarship??

hipPo3

HSC
omg omg omg omg ... i wanna get into COFA too ...
b digital media ... uai - 90.5 .. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

soso

HSC
N/A
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SEPTEMBER 30

http://www.uac.edu.au/uac/costs.html

The government offers 2 types of scholarships under the heading of Commonwealth equity scholarships. Go to the UAC website. Its listed under financial support. CLick on this and go almost to the bottom of the page

"For 2006 admissions UAC will be the central processing point for applications for Commonwealth Learning Scholarships (CLS) and Institution Equity Scholarships (IES) for the majority of its participating institutions (see below for exceptions).

Equity scholarship applicants only have to complete one form through UAC to apply for Commonwealth Learning Scholarships and most Institution Equity Scholarships administered by NSW and ACT institutions that participate through UAC".

and

The Commonwealth Learning Scholarships (CLS) Programme was introduced by the Australian Government in 2004 to assist students from low socio-economic backgrounds, particularly those from rural and regional areas and Indigenous students, who are Australian citizens or holders of Australian permanent humanitarian visas, with costs associated with higher education. These scholarships are exempt from Social Security income tests and are non-repayable.

There are two types of CLS:
Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarships (CECS), for educational costs: valued at $2 042 in 2005; and
Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships (CAS), for accommodation costs: valued at $4 084 in 2005.
Both are indexed annually and are available for a maximum period of four years.

nookie

HSC
i don't know if i should apply...i don't think i'll get it AND i will never get near 90+ for design!

did anyone go to the spring fair? i reckon they didn't give much info on the courses! (and the booths were at the wrong place - i had to shout my questions in order to be heard xD)

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I went. Mind you, I don't really go for the course information so much yet (that can be done next year, when I'm in year 12) but rather to get an idea of what the campus is like, the facilities, the environment etc.... to enjoy the markets, and exhibitions.

And also to be in the presence of hundreds of arty kids for a few hours too :cool:

What does everyone want to study at COFA? Digital Media seems to be very popular.

I want to do Art Education.

soso

HSC
N/A
You can be certain if you don't apply you won't get a scholarship.

What advice do you want. Do you want to be told you are wonderful and you will get it.

I suppose it depends on how bad you want a scholarship. If you don't want it badly enough don't apply. If you do want it then apply. There are only two choices.

How smart do you have to be?

Alvinate7

Cofa

HEy,

I just checked out the link to the cofa scholarships and I think it is only for the undergrad students. Am I right?? Not for people applying, only those who are already attending.

And yea I did go to the spring fair, but I got all the course info a week earlier at the UNSW open day.

soso

HSC
N/A
An undergraduate is anyone who has not graduated. That is someone who is applying to attend or currently studying but not finished.

Students who have graduated are postgraduates. They study for a masters or a doctorate

hipPo3

HSC
nookie said:
i don't know if i should apply...i don't think i'll get it AND i will never get near 90+ for design!

did anyone go to the spring fair? i reckon they didn't give much info on the courses! (and the booths were at the wrong place - i had to shout my questions in order to be heard xD)
lol .. i went there, it wasnt what i expected .. it was an actual fair !!

anthea1304

Hungry Member
HSC
This may be a little late, but my cousin applied for the COFA scholarship in the year 2001 (or something) and got it! Surprisingly, she said that only 30 people had attended the award ceremony, so she guessed that only 30 people tried out. (in her year, 3 people got the scholarship)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)