Scholarship APP (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

Right, once agn i don't think i've put this in the right place, but anyhoo

i'm filling in a scholarship application and one of the questions is, why do you think you should get the scholarship?

how do i write, "because i'm the bestest in the world", without sounding like i love myself. and without starting my response off with "I think i should get the scholarship because....."

any help would be much appreciated.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
Right, once agn i don't think i've put this in the right place, but anyhoo
i'm filling in a scholarship application and one of the questions is, why do you think you should get the scholarship?
how do i write, "because i'm the bestest in the world", without sounding like i love myself. and without starting my response off with "I think i should get the scholarship because....."
any help would be much appreciated.
What kinda scholarship is it, and uni course is it for?

MouNtY

i dunno what you mean by what kinda scholarship, but if i get it it's basically gonna pay for all first year fees, for courses books and that sort of thing. It's for ppl that do BCom, BSc, and LLB i think. But yeah i'm just having a little trouble filling out the form.

It's alright this is a scholarship for UC in new zealand, it probably won't be the same scholarship you're applying for, if that's the reason you're asking that is haha.

got any ideas though

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
i dunno what you mean by what kinda scholarship, but if i get it it's basically gonna pay for all first year fees, for courses books and that sort of thing. It's for ppl that do BCom, BSc, and LLB i think. But yeah i'm just having a little trouble filling out the form.
It's alright this is a scholarship for UC in new zealand, it probably won't be the same scholarship you're applying for, if that's the reason you're asking that is haha.
got any ideas though
Well no, it could just make a difference if it's for different subjects, duration, value, and most importantly what the selection criteria is.
Anyway, assuming the selection is based on academic/extracurricular merit, then you can start off by mentioning high results in relevant studies (HSC?), in science subjects (since ur sig indicates ur doing BSc), talk about how you're dedicated (if you are) to studying science (in whatever field, if applicable) and possibly a career in science of some sort (?), perhaps how the world would be such a better place if you became a (whatever) as a result of your studies and how the scholarship will allow you to focus on these studies and get you the best possible results.

_Alfie_

HSC
You should say that you will utilize the aid/opportunites provided by the scholarship to its maximum potential. Use a tone of appreciation/gratitude etc. That you perceive yourself to be the one that will benefit the most from the scholarship (given your skills, aspirations, hidden talents etc). That it will place you in a better position to serve the community as a whole when you graduate....blah blah blah. Get my drift?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)