schapelle corby's friend (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
- There is no evidence of a drug smuggling ring in Australian airports using unwitting stooges, furthermore no evidence of one in relation to bali.
- The bag seems a great fit for the boogey board bag.
- Testimony of Airport officials that claim she tried to prevent them opening the bag.
- The fact that Indonesian officials did agree to allowing fingerprinting to be done by the AFP, however corby's legal team disallowed it.
- The fact that we do know expats/other foreigners are willing to pay extra for pot from australians, by australians.
I don't have anything to say for the first or third points.

The second point seems circumstantial to me. Sort of like, if the glove fits, wear it when the glove could fit hundreds upon thousands of others.

The last point? How do we know this? Evidence? Or is this more of an opinion that we're supposed to know as a fact when it's really not by using common sense?

I don't really care if she's guilty or not. But those two points are kind of iffy. The others I'll accept (though I'm sure there'll be counterarguments to these facts), but those two look really iffy to me. One looking circumstantial and the other being speculation.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I agree they're not as strong.

The second point seems circumstantial to me. Sort of like, if the glove fits, wear it when the glove could fit hundreds upon thousands of others.
True.

The last point? How do we know this? Evidence? Or is this more of an opinion that we're supposed to know as a fact when it's really not by using common sense?
It is speculation. Perhaps some testimony from an Australian drug squad could assist, but I'd be willing to not even bring up this point. It is just a counter to the demand of "proof why I might have done it".

The others I'll accept (though I'm sure there'll be counterarguments to these facts)
From what I've heard they're not very strong.

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
- Testimony of Airport officials that claim she tried to prevent them opening the bag.
in her book, schapelle denies this to no end, saying she willingly claimed the bag as her own before being asked and opened it for the customs

- The fact that Indonesian officials did agree to allowing fingerprinting to be done by the AFP, however corby's legal team disallowed it.
how do we know this ? in the book, schapelle claims nobody from the first day used gloves when handling the boogy bag and the drugs so there wasnt much point getting fingerprinting done AND the fact that the Indonesia officials didnt allow it

and yes i know her book isnt necessarily all true :p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
in her book, schapelle denies this to no end, saying she willingly claimed the bag as her own before being asked and opened it for the customs
That's fine, why should we believe her? I see no reason to imagine why this security officer would lie, the money to be gained from lying about this is.... well, not there.

how do we know this ?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200612/s1805970.htm
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21222487-2,00.html

The indonesian police DID allow it, they DID cooperate, they still definately could have had the drug tested to verify where it came from by Australian authorities. The corby's rufused to have this happen.

The reason for their refusal (as I understand they now claim) is because they wanted to run with the 'baggage handler pot smuggler' idea, of which they have no evidence.

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
you said fingerprinting here and thats what im talking about but i think your talking about getting the drugs tested :confused:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
you said fingerprinting here and thats what im talking about but i think your talking about getting the drugs tested
Sorry I should have written dna testing. To me fingerprinting is fairly pointless as the indonesians carelessly contaminated the outer bag and a lack of her fingerprints proves nothing.

SituationNoir

HSC
I think the whole goddam family have dug themselves a deeper hole every time they open their mouths.
The mother shouldn't be allowed on television as a spokesperson for the family if their trying to protect their 'good name' because all she does is make them look ridiculous.
Their behaviour (mother, sister) in majority of their dealings with the media haven't earnt themselves any respect. This whole situation could have been avoided, all the drama, allegations and bad press, if they had, perhaps handled themselves with a little more decorum. Their not doing themselves or their daughter/sister any favours.
Furthermore, I believe that there is alot more to the whole story than any of us know. Alot has been said, but, I think whats more important is that which hasn't been said.

As far as things with the book goes, that was on the cards for A LONG TIME. It was revealed some time ago by publishers to several bookstores that there would be a book written by Corby and a Writer/Journalist telling her side of the story. Because the book is co-written by Kathryn Bonella it misses the whole making money from crime thing. It all goes to the family etc etc, someones already mentioned this anyway, the only point i wanted to make is that the book had been on the cards for a while. Initially only the publishers were aware and told book stores/companies that there would be a major biography/auto biography released at some point in 06 by a mystery writer, big thing..blah blah.

You get the picture.

lambeychops

HSC
if i could get that much money for ratting out an idiot i would do so. theres to much family history for her not to be guilty
rot there i say
:D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Hey man

Having what 4kg in your bag and not noticing it? ... If someone else stuffed it in?

4kgs is alot - thats two 2L water bottles.

I dont think matters whether Corby actually refused to open her bag or not, many people actually initially refuse to open purely out of suspicion of the guards.

Whether her friend is the telling the truth or not - is whacked considering it been some time since she (Corby) was prosecuted.

No doubt money was an influence it always is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)